7.22.2011

AFS Fill In The Blankie Review

Wanna see my Fill In The Blankie?  First, if you are my beautiful, tall, Barbie-esqe friend who is having a baby girl name Scarlett Marie, please read no further.  This blog may or may not be about part of a gift for a certain someone, and I would hate for that certain someone to see said part of gift on here, rather than at certain someone's baby shower.  :)


Kapeesh?


Not expecting a little miss Scarlett Marie baby? 


Scroll down....






Hello!  Here is the blanket I ordered for my good friend.  I just love the name she has chosen for her daughter.  So lovely, ladylike, but still very, very strong. 
I ordered Hazel's Pride and Joy blanket in the Moonlight Bright White (33X33) with the Pink-a-licious thread.  I wanted the blanket to reflect just how excited SO many people are about Scarlett's arrival, so I spent a good amount of time looking through Bible verses which correlated to the different groups of people in Baby Scarlett's life. 

This is the text I came up with:
Side 1/Top: Scarlett Marie Bell, you are such a blessing
Side 2/Right Side: Cherished by Mommy and Daddy: 1 Samuel 1:27
Side 3/Bottom: Beloved child of God: Mark 10:14
Side 4/Left Side: Adored by family and friends: Psalm 127:3

(I used my own wording, but FITB has great preplanned suggestions for baptisms, christenings, baby showers, births, birthdays, adoptions, holidays, and just because.  This also provides a great "starting off" point, even if you want to write your own, just to see what others have done.)

I also added a flower icon on the edge of each row of text called the "sew cute flower."  I am very satisfied with my wording, thread choice, and icon...I think the corally pink looks really sweet with just a touch of sass. 

When my blanket arrived, I was estatic with the quality of the satin, monogramming, and actual blanket. Just like the website says, I can imagine that this blanket will only get softer and softer, although it is already very soft.  I would love a "big girl" blanket just like this to curl up with on those (rare) lazy rainy Sunday afternoons.
I also heartily approve of the gift-wrap. The blanket came in a super cute cloth coordinating gift bag (which would make a great bag to keep in the diaper bag for those diaper explosions), and the blanket was tied with a lush satin ribbon, with a gift card pinned to the ribbon with a (MATCHING) old-school diaper pin.  Oh the details...swoon!

All in all, I am thrilled with my Fill In the Blankie order. This blanket was easy to order, even with all the personal customization. The email confirmation came immediately, and they even give you time to change your order within a limited amount of time (in case you have a change of heart or detect a typo). I got another email when my blanket shipped, and was thrilled when everything came quickly, just as I had ordered, and packaged perfectly.

I will definitely put this company on my list to consider the next time I am shopping for a baby or kiddo gift...their products are just too cute to ignore!

Lullabies and lazy days,
post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this site with me! ~Kathie M

Related Posts with Thumbnails