6.29.2011

June in Review

Hello friends!  I took an impromptu sabbatical from the blog the last few weeks.  I just needed time to retreat, recharge, and focus on my real-life jobs of lawyer, mom, and wife.  We have been busy on all fronts, but in a good way.  I am back and ready to jabber.  I'm thinking a few big decor posts are coming soon - I am getting the urge to decorate/furnish our bedroom, so I'm going to start hunting for inspiration and key needed pieces for the room.  I promise to share. :)

Here are some recent pics of the Coco Bean. 


 



She is almost 11 months, cruising, crawling, eating "big people" food, and babbling up a storm.  Sometimes, I think she is saying "mama" and "dada," but it is hard to be sure.  Nearly every moment with her is delightful, and I am so thankful to be blessed with a healthy and quite happy child.  The Knight and I are smitten. 

We have also been enjoying the harvest from our garden, as well as our CSA basket from Whitton Farms.  We have quite a bounty of squash and tomatoes, several bell peppers ripening on the vine, and our watermelon plant is literally taking over our back yard.  All of this wonderful, health, fresh and organic food is such a blessing of summer!


Last night, Ayoden and I went to our first Foodie Memphis gathering at Las Delicias. 
(photo taken by Sophorn, author of Rococo)

We had a wonderful time eating, er, gorging ourselves with every imaginable form of Mexican food.  We also met some really cool people.  One person even identified herself as a reader of THIS BLOG.  Hello out there to the lovely Jessica!  How crazy is that? 

If you live in Memphis, love food, and love supporting local restaurants/owners, you have to check out this group - so fun!  Go here to learn about them on Facebook, and go here for the blog.

Well, I am about done with lunch, and need to get back to the grind - hope you are all having a LOVELY week and enjoying your summers!

rest & relaxation,
post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you, AFS!! --Jessica

Related Posts with Thumbnails