4.28.2011

Whaley havin' fun now! (Update on C's 1st Birthday Party Plans)

How was your Easter?  Ours was filled with yummy food, long relaxing conversations with family, listening to the glorious hum of the great outdoors, and plenty of fun with the kiddos.  Carter and Maddie were enamored with Caroline, and I assure you the feeling was mutual.  Unfortunately, my camera battery was DEAD, so I only have this one picture of her.  

Hop-Hoppy Easter!

Okay, so I just have to show you the cute stuff I am slowly gathering for C's 1st birthday party (and try to stick around till the end for my favorite detail!)  The Whale theme is really coming together.  Here's a majority of the loot that I have so far.  

Doesn't this just make you smile?  

I punched a whole bunch of scalloped 2 inch circles.  I'm thinking these will be favor tags and I might make some sort of pretty string of scalloped goodness to hang around outside.  Maybe something like this, but with my pretty preppy paper?
(found here)

I found these adorable wooden anchors at JoAnn's.  Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I think I'll keep the natural wood look.  The pink polka dot tape is called Washi Tape and I got it at Sweet Lulu.  

I'm thinking this will make cute little nautical (but pink) flags on the straws and maybe on the scallop string strands too.
(free printable flags here)

In this picture, you can see the cute striped straws in the left hand corner, a portion of C's glittery crown (it reminded me of King Triton's crown in the Little Mermaid.  
I know that isn't exactly whales, but she was enamored with it at Michaels, and it looks REALLY cute on her round cherub cheeked head.).  I also have some great preppy cupcake wrappers, pink and white striped and polka dot candles, an awesome anchor cookie cutter from Sur La Table, and more scalloped punches.  

See these whaley metallic goodies?  I'm not going to tell you much about them, except that they are going to be part of the favors!!!


Things not pictured but in the works...

Remember the scallop punches?  I've also made several paper flag pennant banners using that paper, too.  I used natural colored string to string them up, and I think it will tie in nicely with the preppy fabric and natural wood look I have going on.
tiny flag banner - mixed patterns

Also, I'm starting to work on props for a little photo booth.  A friend of mine is going to let me borrow several of those awesome Instax Instant cameras, and hopefully guests will take a memento for themselves and leave one behind for little miss C.  
Wouldn't that be a great memory from her first birthday?  I'm thinking I'll make heavy duty posterboard cutouts of nautical themed stuff (the water that comes out of the whale's blow hole, a life preserver, an anchor, and maybe a hot mermaid), and also throw in a few standard party favorites (giant present cutout, birthday cake, noisemakers, and birthday hats). 

I'm thinking the backdrop will be seersucker fabric, and I'm also looking for a huge, shabby chic painted white frame, to "frame" the picture.


I also ordered an "Its a party" sign, an "I am 1" highchair banner, and "Happy 1st Birthday!" banner from Bella Baby Toppings.  
When we were discussing the design, I told her "pink grosgrain, blue and white seersucker, and maybe navy ric-rac, with touches of aqua here and there."  Highchair_standard

I imagine it will look something like this, but even cuter:
New - Preppy Whale - Girls Party Banner
It is going to be SO great, I just know it.  Here are few samples of her work:
Pink Orange glitter Happy Birthday party sign
Cowgirl Pink Happy Birthday Banner
Owl Look Whoos One 1 Happy Birthday Party Package

As for the cake, a wonderful friend of mine who makes cakes professionally is going to make gum paste whales(like these) for oodles and oodles of cupcakes, plus a coordinating smash cake with a giant matching whale on top, complete with a pink bow.  Water Spout Whales Set of 12- Cupcake Toppers

She is also going to make some whale, anchor, and starfish sugar cookies with royal icing 
(I love me some sugar cookies).
Welcome Whale Cookie Favors (Vanilla) Half Dozen - MADE TO ORDER
Sunshine Starfish (1 dozen)

I ordered 100 of these tiny vintage map whale punches.  Not sure what I am going to do with them, but I know that I will probably find multiple cutie patootie things to do!  
24 Vintage Library Card Book Plates and 100 Vintage Map Whale Punches (Custom Order for Curtsies)

And now, I present to you the creme de la creme...the cutest, preppiest, pink and aqua-est (oh yes, even smocked!) whale bathing suit for the birthday girl.  
She is going to look FAB in this all summer, plus on her big day!
(seriously, could this be any more perfect?  I just die.)

Splishin' and a splashin', partyin' and a plannin'
post signature

6 comments:

the clark family. said...

I am absolutely ga-ga over everything you have done!! I cannot wait to see the after-party post where it all comes together. Completely, utterly and totally darling!

Artsy Fartsy said...

thanks! i loved your baby's party - i have definitely been referring back to it for inspiration!

Michelle @heylovedesigns said...

Thanks for linking to my printables. I hope the party went well! (looking around your blog now to see if you already posted it)

Artsy Fartsy said...

@Michelle: not yet, but it will happen in August! Thanks for stopping by!

Maria - Greece said...

Thank you so much!
Please come and see your adorable flags on my blog!
Happy birthday for your sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, as I am genuinely keen of reading this web site's post to be updated on a regular basis. It includes good information.

Stop by my weblog ... wagner 518080control spray max Hvlp sprayer

Related Posts with Thumbnails