10.29.2010

Soothing those daycare jitters...

Coco starts daycare "officially" on Monday when I return back to work.  I have taken her a few days, here and there, to practice pumping and packing her bag and bottle.  It takes a lot more time and planning that I originally thought!  Also, I really wanted her to have time to get used to her class and her teachers before she goes full-time.  I think her daycare is going to be a fabulous place, but I worry about her forgetting us, since we won't be with her all day.

In her class, the "Lambs," each child is given his or her own crib.  One thing that I think is really neat is that each "Lamb" parent is given a white cutout of a lamb to decorate with pictures of the parents and any siblings.  They hang the lamb inside the crib, so when the kiddos are napping or playing, they can see that Mommy and Daddy are lovingly watching over them.  Her teachers said that the babies really do look at the lambs and study them.  I don't know if it will help Coco remember us, but I thought it is a great idea and worth a try.

I thought Coco's turned out so cute (and loved the idea so much that I wanted to share it)!

And here is my little lamb, already so big and about to go to school full-time!

Daycare and lamb flair,
post signature

4 comments:

Ms. Curieuse said...

She's SUCH a cutie! :) Best wishes for a quick and (as much as possible) painless adaptation to your new routine!

J. Cliff said...

I'm glad you put so many pictures of her on the lamb. Wouldn't it be easier to use a mirror?

Tiffany said...

Gah - I can't imagine how hard this is. I will have to leave my little one 2-3 times a week come January and am already dreading it. LOVE the little Lamb idea. So cute.

cMe said...

She definitely has the best lamb at daycare!

Related Posts with Thumbnails