10.18.2010

The AFS family does Walt Disney World!

Hello all!  So, I cannot believe that it has been nearly 3 weeks since I have posted.  AND I can't believe that my last post was the 500th post of this blog.  Can you believe I have been blogging since I was a wee 1L in law school?  Minus getting married - this blog has been around to cover every major milestone of my adult life - law school, getting Betty Rascal, graduating from law school, moving to Memphis, becoming a "real lawyer", buying a house, getting Henry Bear, celebrating 5 years of marriage to the Knight, AND having sweet baby Coco.  Wow!  I know I ramble on here, but I am so glad to have bits and pieces of my real life on here, in between shopping wish lists, bargains and gift guides!

Anyway, these last few weeks have been quite busy.  Coco is growing like crazy!  At her two month check up, she weighed 11 lbs, 7 ounces and was 23 inches long.  Big girl gained 4 lbs and 7 ounces and grew 4 inches from the day she was born!  She is now smiling and cooing, and I think she has discovered how to "fake cough" as well as laugh.  She is a strong little girl, and her doctor was very impressed with how high and steady she could hold her head.  Before you know it, she'll be moving from the cobra pose to the downward dog with her mama!  

Also, she continues to look more and more like her daddy. Can we say DADDY'S GIRL?


 I am doing a lot better emotionally, too.  I think my blues were directly related to a complete lack of sleep AND no structure in my day.  Now that Coco is starting to take fewer, but longer naps, I am getting stuff done around the house, and really enjoying my maternity leave.  Too bad it is all over in 2 weeks...hello real world!

Okay, on the Walt Disney World.  I am pretty pleased with the Knight and myself.  I mean we are probably clinically insane, but we took a 2 month old to Disney World.  That takes some serious cahoneys.  And you know what?  She was AMAZING.  In the morning, I would carry her in the moby wrap while she slept.  Once she awoke (or there was a ride I just had to ride), off in the stroller she would go, where she would drift from snooze to sheer Minnie and Mickey madness.  Here are a few pics from our trip

Miss Piggy - Live, Love, and Be Stunning (thanks for the quote, Heathie!)



Bathing Beauties

Teaching Coco to swim!

 Harry Potter land at Universal Studios was SO fantastic!

 You, me and the baby makes three!

We loved Walt Disney World! And Walt Disney World loved us (at least our checking accounts!  Ha.)


 
After Orlando, we flew to Atlanta for the Knight's cousin's wedding.  I am sad that we did not get a family photo because we looked fabulous, if I do say so myself.  Mama got herself a new dress from Anthro, the Knight wore a tux, and Coco wore precious baby girl batiste.



We flew home to Memphis, and then this past weekend Coco and I drove to Nashville for another beautiful wedding while the Knight biked a good portion of the Natchez Trace trail.  Seriously...when did my husband become such a health fanatic?  In two weekend he is going to be a part of a team doing the Ragnar Relay.  I groan about the expense and time he spends training, but secretly I love it...I mean, AFS benefits when her stud gets more studly, right!?!

Well, I am off to go put the Bean to bed!  I'll try to post more this week about my Christmas sewing projects, Coco's scrapbook, my decorations for fall, and a bed skirt tutorial.  More likely I'll get sidetracked by Halloween candy corn and fall asleep on the couch in a sugared stupor, so we'll see.

Either way, have a great evening!

Kandy Korn Kisses,
post signature

5 comments:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

Welcome back! It looks like you all have had a fun few weeks :)

Tiffany said...

Coco is so sweet - I love her yellow outfit!

Kelley B said...

Such a beautiful family. Glad you had fun at Mickey's house. MORE pictures!

Ms. Curieuse said...

What a fun update - you all look fantastic! )

Joseph said...

Speaking of candy corn, have you had Candy Corn Hershey Kisses? Delish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails