8.27.2010

Overwhelmed...

I alluded to this yesterday in my Newborn Necessity post, but I wanted to dedicate an entire post to the kindness and generosity of our friends and family since Coco's arrival.

We have received incredible handmade gifts in the mail,


 And week long visits from the grandmas (my mom is "Mimi" and the Knight's mom is "Ma").




Even surprise visits from the best of friends!


In case you didn't know, after a baby is born, most doctors caution parents to keep their baby at home for 2-6 weeks before exposing her to the outside world.  Since Coco was born in August, and not as many sicknesses are floating around as in the winter, our doctor gave us the 2 week timeline, and then cautioned us to go places during non-busy hours after that until she is a month old.

Okay, now, that sounds easy enough, but y'all know me.  I am a goer and a doer.  AND, since I had a c-section, I was feeling fine as soon as I got home from the hospital.  Sooo, being restricted for 2 weeks was hard.  I went a little stir-crazy.  If it wasn't for my mom, the Knight's mom, the Knight, and our amazing friends, I would have gone insane.

Anywho, even though Coco and I were pretty much homebound, our friends and family really kept us entertained and well-fed.  Our friends from church signed up to bring us FIVE WEEKS of home cooked meals.  Five weeks, you guys.  That is amazing.  They used a really cool website to keep things organized.  www.mealtrain.com.  It lets the chefs and the recipients easily see who is bringing what on each designated day, and keeps everyone from duplicating the same meals over and over.  Plus, it provides a great place for all important contact information, meal preferences and allergies, and preferred delivery time.

Additionally, many friends have dropped off lunch and stayed for a much needed visit.  This support, encouragement, and entertainment has made the first few sleep-deprived weeks so much more enjoyable!

Friendship and frozen meals,
post signature

4 comments:

Becky said...

She is so unbelieveably precious!!!!!!!! It will all get easier and easier and easier, and she will get cuter and cuter and cuter... just when you think she couldn't possibly, and then she'll do something that makes you cry it's so cute! :) Enjoy every second... it FLIES!!!! Congrats!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks, Becky! We are loving every minute (okay, well maybe not the sleep deprived ones in the middle of the night, but even they are pretty good, too!)

Vaudeville of exhilaration said...

She is so cute..I am visiting your blog after such a long time and I am overwhelmed with happiness seeing those cute pics..

cMe said...

I'm pregnant and just perusing mommy blogs for ideas. Can you do a post on the adorable monogrammed burp cloths? I think that's what they are, or they are blankets? They are exactly my style and I'd LOVE to have some made!

Related Posts with Thumbnails