8.03.2010

Coco's Vintage Inspired Nursery!

Hallooo to you all!


I have MIA lately, but that is because Friday was my last day at the firm for THREE MONTHS.  Whoa.  That is big.  It took approximately 1-2 months (intermittent) to be able to wrap everything up and pass it off to my oh-so-capable fellow associates.  I worked until almost 9 on Friday night and worked again yesterday, but I can happily say that, until I am ready to take on more work, I am done and ready to focus on Coco!


Speaking of Coco, she is doing pretty great.  Her heartbeat is strong, at 38 weeks, she weighed in at 7.5 lbs (zoiks!), and she is still quite the busy bee.  I am feeling good, but this Memphis heat is definitely taking its toll on me (Heat index of 119 today!).


As of my appointment on Monday, I have gained right at 30 lbs.  I look pretty beefy in my pictures, but I am going to work really hard after she comes to lose this baby weight.  The Knight and I signed up to do the Memphis/ St. Jude marathon in early December.  He is going to run, of course, and I am going to slow it down this time and walk it.  The cool part is that I have convinced his aunt and his mom to walk it with me!  I'm so proud of them!


Okay, so I won't tease you anymore...here are pictures of Coco's room!  I have to say that I really love it.  It turned out a little sweeter than I originally envisioned, but I think it manages to be refreshing and serene at the same time, with a little happy twist here and there.  I hope you enjoy it, too!



















































Nursery Source List:
Crib and Dresser - BabyMod "Olivia" at Walmart.com
Crib Bedding - Liberty of London for Target
Wall Decal - KidsCorner on Etsy
Curtains - Urban Outfitters
Chair - Hand me down
Shelving - Target
Mod Flower Light - Ikea
Side Table - Target
Mirror over dresser/changing table - West Elm
Pink Bookcase in closet - Target
White Bookcase - Craigslist
Little Chair - Garage Sale
White Fluffy Rug - Target
Wall and ceiling color - Sherwin Williams "Tame Teal"

AND...If you want more info about the planning and work that went into getting her nursery ready, go here for the original plan, go to this one for details on the mobile, this post when I was torn about the furniture, and here for how to take a storebought crib skirt and make it your own.



(the original mood board/mock up of Baby C's room)


[*UPDATE 1/26/11*]
Now that our pumpernickel has been around for a few months, I have to say that her nursery is functioning pretty well.  The layout works, the rug is miraculously still in good condition, her furniture is great (although we did have to contact the merchant for a few replacement pieces), and the color is still very appealing to me.  The only things we added after her birth were a hamper, a trash can, a humidifier, and we moved more books from the bookshelf to the end table.  We also tried to install a dimmer switch, but for some reason, we couldn't get it to jive with the eco-friendly flourescent bulbs in her ceiling fan. 

If you are planning your nursery and have any questions, feel free to post a comment or shoot me an email at curtsies (at) gmail (dot) com.  If there is one thing I can think and talk about all day, it is shopping and decorating!

Sweet dreams and playthings,
post signature

16 comments:

the clark family. said...

Your sweet baby girl's room is absolutely delightful. It's whimsical, modern, fresh and serene. I just love it.

Now that the room is done, you're on leave, I hope you have plenty of time to rest and veg before baby comes-- you've earned the right to sit around with your feet propped up all day long!!

Good luck in your last little bit before the baby- have been thinking about you and hoping and praying everything is going easy for you here at the end.

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

It's beautiful!! Can't wait to see when she arrives.

Domestic Goddess said...

this is absolutely adorable! the teal walls are precious and i love the ceiling! her name is so sweet.....good job mommy!! :)

Hodge Podge said...

it's so sweet and perfect. what a lucky little girl.

Shannon said...

It's fabulous; one of the best I've seen and filled with so much love. Congratulations and enjoy your time at home with your sweet girl!

A Call to Armes said...

The nursery is beautiful.... one of the best I've ever seen! Where did the zinnia painting come from? I have a SLIGHT obsession with zinnias.....

Tish said...

Ohmigosh, I love it! Gorgeous! Looks like something out of a magazine.

Da Fashionista said...

beautiful!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

It looks absolutely amazing!! You did a wonderful job. I love all the details! :)

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks to everyone for your compliments! I am so glad that you love it...we sure do!

Jill said...

Saw your nursery on Spearmint Baby today and just wanted to pop over to say, I love it! Well done!

Maggie & Ryan Patel said...

I love your ribbon organizer. Did you get it on Etsy? I'm looking for something just like that.

Thanks!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thank you! I actually made it. I got a canvas at Hobby Lobby, painted it pink, glued the "c" on top, and then the ribbon were layered on top of each other and staples to the back of the canvas. Super easy to do and perfect for customizing for your color scheme.

Maggie & Ryan Patel said...

WOW! Great idea. I live right next to a Michaels and think I could do something like it. Thanks for the tip.

CharissaG said...

Hi!! Where did you find the pink closet door hanging organizer? I have been looking everywhere for that style of hanging organizer. Thx!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails