8.20.2010

Coco Bean, 1 and 2 weeks

So, we are starting to get in a routine around here.  Sleep and all other activities seem to occur in 2-3 hour increments, and when sweet Caroline isn't eating, I'm scurrying around trying to tidy up, write thank-yous, or catch up on sleep myself.  It is wonderful and peaceful and hectic and exhausting all at the same time.

I hope that soon I can resume "normal" blogging (whatever that means for me, I have no clue), but until I get a handle on Miss Coco Bean, posts will be little unexpected surprises, here and there.

Kind of like Baby Girl's smile:
This past Wednesday, we both had our 2 week checkups.  Me for my c-section incision, and Coco for her routine checkup for her doctor to review weight gain, reflexes, and to check on how nursing is going.
I am happy to report that both went really well!  At my appointment, the doctor said that I could resume driving, lifting whatever I felt comfortable, and could basically do anything I wanted to, absent abdominal crunches (obviously, I was very torn up about that.  Not.).  Also, I have lost 18 lbs so far! Whoo-hoo! Only 12 more to go!
Miss Coco did quite well herself.  She gained back her birth weight, plus another 3.5 ounces, weighing in a 7 lbs, 3.5 oz!  I know that is a boring detail for most, but basically, for me it meant that nursing is working, and she is eating well!  All of her reflexes checked out, and her doctor said that she is perfect.

Of course, we already knew that...


Don't you just love this quilt?  This is the fine handiwork of my mama's best friend, Kelley B.  You can check out her Etsy store here.

Also, on the dog front, Betty Rascal and Henry seems to be adjusting to the baby okay.  Betty seems a little put out at times, but I am doing all that I can to make her feel like "old times."  She sits right beside me when I nurse, I hold her when I am not holding the baby, and soon, I'll take her for walks with me and Coco.

The Knight takes Henry for 3 and 4 mile runs, and both of them have been getting lots of attention from our visiting family and friends.



Little one is starting to stir, and I know she will be hungry when she wakes up.  Gotta run!

Coffee and Coco Beans,
post signature

2 comments:

Mary-Kate said...

Yay for the weight loss and puppies being ok! I hope the same happens in this house once Mary Harper arrives! :) Coco is beautiful!!

caroline G said...

Congratulations!!! She is Beautiful and I love her name! That last picture of Betty and Coco is fabulous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails