5.05.2010

Babydoll's Furniture!

Helloo lovelies! Hope you are having a wonderful day. I am elated, as the Knight and I just ordered Babydoll's nursery furniture! Interested to see our final choice?

Many of you may remember the Baby's Dream "cube" collection that we all loved. (It was the winner by your voting, too!). Initially, it was my first and only choice.

Then, I realized that the nearest store is 1.75 hours away. Shipping the furniture was going to cost hundreds of dollars more. Then, several of my friends who have children between the ages of 5 and 8 told me that their children were very opinionated about their "big kid" furniture, and the last thing their children wanted was to use the "baby" furniture in the big boy/girl room. Personally, I think the Knight and I would decide whether our child gets to made that type of decision, but their point was well-taken.

After considering the hidden shipping costs (or the 3.5 hour round trip drive), we decided that the cube collection was lovely, but not for us. Also, I think I failed to mention that the Knight wasn't wild about the furniture after all. So, that was a major decision maker, too.

After much hemming and hawing, we decided to go with the Baby Mod Olivia collection from (gasp) Wal-Mart. I'm not a huge fan of their retail and employment practices, but the Baby Mod furniture met all of our expectations, was very reasonably priced, and can be shipped for free to a nearby Wal-Mart. We bought the "bundle" which saved an additional $30. (every little bit counts!)

We are super excited...all the reviews are very favorable, and Baby Mod appears to be an environmentally conscious and responsible company.

Cribs and cutie pies,
post signature

5 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE this furniture! She is one lucky "baby doll"! Hope you are feeling great!

Josh said...

Not a fan of their employment practices?!?! Love the low prices, cost free shipping and bonus bulk-buy savings?!?!

I recommend a review of "The Little Red Hen", or the works of economists Henry Hazlitt and Fredric Bastiat, but The Little Red Hen fable is probably sufficient.

Love you guys!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Sara: So glad you like the bedroom furniture.

Josh: I'm glad that I can always count on you for an out of the blue comment if my post even touches on a political or economical subject. :)

Hope everything is going well for you both!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I LOVE that furniture...think it's a great choice! Can't wait to see the nursery come together! :)

Josh said...

Please forgive me. It's a compulsion. Perhaps I should seek help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails