4.27.2010

Beautiful Blog Award!

Happy Tuesday! I don't know about you, but I could use a little cheering up lately. That's why I was so touched when Stefanie Clark linked me as one of the bloggers she picked to win the "Beautiful Blog Award!"

Here are the award rules:

1.
Thank the person who nominated you for this award and link back to their blog.
Let me tell you a little about the fantastic Stefanie. First, her blog, Pawprints and Pastry Bags, is adorable. Second, she has the cutest little boy and husband. They seem like the perfect family. Her blog keeps me grounded, and I love herrecent landscaping! Thank you, Stef!

2.
Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers who have a beautiful blog.
Here are my picks:
A) Our Life - By Amanda and Luke Cantrell. They are my real life friends, and I love them. They have one adorable baby girl, and just found out that they are expecting again! Amanda is the kind of person who makes anyone immediately at ease. She is the ultimate hostess, and has the cutest giggle.
B) The Little Harvilles - By Elizabeth Harville. Elizabeth is another real life friend whose creativity and heart for children inspire me. She has offered to help me decorate the nursery, and I am doing all I can to take her up on that offer!

C) Kelley's Buzz - By Kelley B. Kelley is my mom's real life best friend. She and her husband also took me in the summer after I graduated from high school, and I lived with them until I started college. My parents had moved to Oklahoma, and I just wasn't ready to move to OK, and turn around and move into a dorm in Nashville. She is a precious woman, and incredibly talented. I have especially been enjoying her posts about peace, joy, and patience. Check out her awesome Etsy shop!
D) KFD Designs - by Kristin Fountain Davis. Kristin's blog is so inspiring. She is a talented painter in Atlanta, and I wish I lived closer so I could snatch up all her pieces! Plus, can you imagine what our nursery could look like if she got her hands on it?
E) Lots of Hodge Podge - by "Hodge Podge." HP is a real life friend, also. Her sister works with Andy, and they, as a family, are so cool. They can make a rock sprout, they are that good at gardening. HP lives in Knoxville, and I always love it when she posts about fashion or her hilarious pets.F) Twillypop - By Sara. Remember Twillypop? She had an awesome giveaway a while ago, and her generosity, honesty, and perseverance make her the ultimate woman. I would love to be as thoughtful as her. Her jewelry is incredible - I gave her necklaces to all my nearest and dearest! Check out her Etsy shop today!
G) Last, but definitely not least, is Penny Lane Designs blog - By Marina Simmons. Marina is the master designer behind this blog, and about every other blog that I read regularly. She also is a new mom of a little munchkin named Owen. If you are in the need of a blog makeover or some other sort of graphic design, Marina is your girl. Check out her store here.3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they won an award.
Consider it done and done!

4.
Say 7 things about yourself.

1. Today, I am 26 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I have gained 14 lbs, and feel like a huge forklift carrying a tiny package. :P How is it that I have gained that much weight, and our baby is barely two pounds? I just don't get it.
2. My 29th birthday is RIGHT around the corner. Last year, I was a little bummed about turning 28. Not this year - this year, I'm celebrating my last year without children! I realize that sounds calloused, but I just mean that I recognize our lives are about to drastically change, and with a little one on the scene, my birthday won't be a month-long event like I like it to be. :)
(here I am at 25. Don't we look young?)

3.
Betty Rascal is 4 years old, and Henry Bear just turned one. Isn't it crazy to think that in dog years, Betty is the same age as me?
4. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to stop saying "I'm sorry." Or gossiping. I guess it is the Southern woman in me.
5. My mom just had a very serious surgical procedure. She will be on bed rest for a long time, and won't fully recuperate for SIX months! It kills me that she is so far away, and I have to work. I would give nothing more to be able to throw caution to the wind, drive to Tulsa, and be with her for the next two weeks. If I ever win the lottery, one of the first things I'll do is try to convince her and my dad to move near us. I miss my family!
6. My latest addiction are Blow-Pops. I can't get enough of them! I also have been craving Pop-Tarts, Honey Nut Cheerios, and anything Kate Spade (what? that is a craving, too!).
7. On Friday, we had our first baby shower. The attorneys at my firm threw a lovely baby party for the Knight and me. We got a ton of sweet baby clothes, books and toys, our swing, bouncer, Boppy, and some beautiful monogrammed things.
Whoops! I just realized that I haven't told you our baby girl's name...next post, then!


Beautiful blogs and best of friends,
post signature

4 comments:

Kristen said...

thank you so much! you are sweetie! im sure your baby nursery will be beautiful! and i still wanna see what the console looks like at your office!!!

Kelley B said...

Thank you! What fun! Hope I can pass on the honor.

Hodge Podge said...

Thank you so much!!!!! Once I figure out who to pass it along to I'll post it!

Vaudeville of exhilaration said...

Your blog is amazing and I quess you have your unique ways of making it even more amazing.No sooner I start glancing your blog than I start feeling good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails