3.30.2010

VOTE for your favorite crib/dresser set!

Hello there! Hope you all are having a fabulous day!

I have a teensy favor to ask you...will you help me? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

I have my eye on three very different crib/dresser sets and I can't decide which one to get for Babydoll's nursery!

I'll tell you what I've been looking for - something modern that can work for Babydoll now, and possibly another Baby (boy or girl) down the road. I am interested in pieces that will grow up with Babydoll, and that can be used as functional pieces for a long time. Finally, I would love some storage underneath the crib for linens and towels.

I have listed the three below that are the final contenders. Will you all please leave me a comment, letting me know which one you prefer? You can go here to see a (very) tentative idea of what I have in mind for the room, if that will help.

Thanks so much!

Walmart - Baby Mod Olivia Collection (Set $869) I like this set because it is modern, very eco-friendly, provides a TON of storage, and has gotten great reviews. The crib doesn't have storage underneath, but with a dresser and a changing table, we might be fine without that extra drawer. Babies R Us - Amy Coe Westport Collection (crib - $349.99; changer - $299.99) Next on the list is the Amy Coe crib and changer from Babies R Us. I look the look of this furniture and think the reddish-orange wood tones will work nicely with the orange in Babydoll's Liberty of London crib bedding. My concern with this furniture is that I have heard from other people that this furniture in real life is a little flimsy and reminds them of Ikea furniture. I personally like my furniture to be sturdy (especially dresser drawers). I can't find this crib in my Babies R Us store, so I can't verify the sturdiness for myself. The price is decent, though! And there is an awesome drawer underneath the crib.
Baby's Dream - Cube Collection (crib - $549; changer/dresser - $689) Finally, this Cube Collection set meets all my requirements (storage under crib, modern design, crib changes from crib, to toddler bed, to TWO twin beds and changer can later be used as a desk). The problem with this furniture is that it is relatively expensive compared to the other furniture I have been perusing. While the cost isn't an issue, I wonder if it is foolish to spend this much on furniture, when there are other cheaper options. Moms, any tips?


So what do think? Which one is your pick? I hope all of you will comment - that even means my friends who get this blog emailed to them...it's time to help AFS out!

Decisions, decisions,
post signature

17 comments:

Ashley said...

Personally I think you should go with the last one! it's so cute and functional for all ages!

Jess(ica) said...

Baby's Dream, hands down. I know it's expensive, but if you can afford it, I would go for it. After all, it looks like it will have many, many lives ahead of it. Plus, it's hot! :)

Anonymous said...

Hola AFS,

I think you already know what my thoughts on furniture are...get the good stuff! I like the last option the best of the three. The more durable the more you can take it apart, move it, reuse it, etc. It would be sad to get something that is supposed to be "convertible" but not super durable:)

Love you ,

Heath

the clark family. said...

I am in LOVE with the third set- I love the two different side panels, I love how versatile the furniture is! I think, in the grand scheme of things, even though you'll be spending more initially, it could last you so much longer than the other two sets that the costs will all even out in the end because the others will have been replaced long before this set.

Good luck! Looks like you're having a lot of fun getting everything together.

Anonymous said...

I'm going against the crowd and saying Babies R Us/Amy Coe. That is, IF you can ensure that it's sturdy enough. It may need a HenryBear test.

I could totally see you changing out the knobs for something fun and funky.

- Ayoden :-)

the clark family. said...

OH! Make sure, whatever you buy, that it comes with a teething guard- the top rung of a crib seems to be THE place to gum and chew. I'm discovering this and my friend already did. :)

Rosie said...

I'd go with Baby's Dream as well--it's sturdy, goes with everything, and you can do all sorts of fun stuff with it later! Definitely an investment for your baby!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Love these votes and please keep 'em coming! Ayoden, good idea about the knobs, though.

Elizabeth & Travis Harville said...

I LOVE the third. I think that looks like something you would like, it is different, and stands out. The others are cute, but they are simple. Also, you may be paying for furniture that lasts the test of time, which is what you are looking for. YAY!! for new baby stuff. :)

Julianna said...

I too would go with the third option.

Anonymous said...

The first one

sallaboutme said...

I really like the clean, mod look of the first one. But I like the long-lasting functionality of the second one (if you think you'd use it for that long). I'm not a fan of the second one.

Joey said...

As I said in response to an earlier entry, I think you should go with Baby's Dream. That is what we have for Caroline, albeit a different model.

If you can afford it, I think you will be happier with Baby's Dream which will be sturdier and better made.

Kelley B said...

I vote number three. Versatile and quality. The style is kinda flexible too...

Tiffany said...

Baby Mod or Baby's Dream! Love them both...don't be surprised if they end up on my blog ;)

Anonymous said...

1) Baby's Dream
2) Walmert

they are all soooo cute though.

Janis from Scotland

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks everyone! We are so torn - we just found out that the nearest Baby's Dream distributor is almost 2 hours away, so we either have to drive 4 hours round trip or pay bookoos in shipping costs. Argh! Decisions, decisions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails