3.25.2010

Plans for Babydoll's Bohemian Fairytale Nursery!

Now that we know we are having a girl, I just can't stop thinking about the nursery. Can't stop is an understatement. After I get off work, shopping and planning is ALL I want to do!

I have put together a little sketch in Microsoft Paint of the general colors and layout of the room. It's very rudimentary (and VERY BUSY), but it helps me figure out how the colors go together, and just gets me so excited about this space! I doubt that I will use exactly the items in this picture, and you have to know that it is all squooshed to one side, but it can at least serve as an inspiration for the room.

I have to tell you that the paint colors of the room are not going to be nearly this bright, but Paint only offers so many color options. The floors in our house are a beautiful, warm wood and the only furniture we have right now is a white bookcase (rough depiction of one on the right). I plan to use this shelf for books, frames, and have starting stocking up on the Liberty of London containers that coordinate with the bedding. I think these will be great for all the little baby things we are sure to collect. The other furniture in the room will consist of a crib, changing table and/or dress, chair with ottoman, and a little side table by the chair. We are trying to keep things simple in here, so that's all the furniture we are going to have for now.

In case you are interested, I have included a source list for each item in the room. I would love to hear what you think, if you have any suggestions, and any other tips/advice you have regarding preparing the nursery!

Crib - Amy Coe Westport Crib - BabiesRUs ($349)

Changing Table - Amy Coe Westport Combo Changer - BabiesRUs ($299)

Mirror over changing table - Birdcage Mirror - Ballard Designs ($99)

Rug - Light Wheel Rug - Anthropologie ($298)

Curtains - Muted Gleam Curtain - Anthropologie ($158 per panel)

Framed prints - Janet Hill prints ($26-36)

Letters over crib - Fabric Alphabet Letters - Anthropologie ($3.95 - 14)

Chandelier - Tadpoles Chandelier - Amazon ($59.99)

Bunting over window - SparklePower - Etsy ($26)

Glider - Newco Chenille Glider - Walmart ($377.88)

Pillow on Glider - BeStill - Etsy ($44)

Lullabies and little clothes,
post signature

5 comments:

Joey said...

We bought Baby's Dream Furniture (crib and changing table/dresser). I would suggest looking at them too. http://www.babysdream.com/default.htm

Specifically, we have the Generation Next Collection.

Luke & Amanda said...

Oh my, what a fun place to sleep! Cant wait to see it all come together for sweet ______!!

love~

Anonymous said...

Babydoll's room sketch looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so much! I can't wait to see how your nursery turns out!

Cristie said...

I am so excited for you and Andy, girls are way fun! The nursery looks great, super congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails