3.10.2010

AFS Gender Reveal Party Sneak Peek!

This coming Monday, the Knight and I are throwing a little party to introduce our friends to our baby (and its gender)! While I think the actual idea is completely cheesy, I also think it will be a lot of fun. Any excuse to get together and eat cake, right?


Basically, when we get our ultrasound that morning, we are going to tell the U/S tech that we don't want her to tell us what it is, but rather put the gender in writing, in an envelope. My dear friends happen to be off that day, so I am going to drive the envelope over to their house (no peeking for me is going to be hard!) Once they have the envelope in hand, they are going to get to work baking either a giant cake or cupcakes for our hungry crew.


The catch is that the batter will be pink or blue, and will be covered with thick, opaque icing. At our party, the Knight and I will cut the cake, and we'll find out with the rest of our friends exactly whether Baby will be a "he" or a "she"!


After a glorious trip to Hobby Lobby, I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning making all kinds of decorations. I guess this nesting instinct is manifesting in weird ways, since I can't start working on the nursery until next Monday.


Here is a sneak peak of what I've been up to! shh!



For inspiration, I used these blogs. They all had such cute ideas, and I tried to incorporate some of the best into my party plans.

1) http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/09/real-parties-baby-gender-reveal/

Loved the presentation, the cohesive design, and the beautiful food!

2) http://teammartinok.blogspot.com/2009/12/gender-reveal-party.html

Loved the guests dressing up in their favorite pink or blue!

3) http://staffordmoments.blogspot.com/2010/01/gender-party-reveal.html

Loved the color scheme and the crisp, well-executed signs...



More to come on Tuesday!

Sugar, spice, snails, and puppy dog tails,

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so wish I didn't work and could come! That sounds so fun!!! Can't wait to find out! And are those baby name options? You need to send a better picture so I can read them!!

the clark family. said...

You're so creative! I wish we'd have thought of something like that before hand!
Also, I think you're mighty saintly to be able to wait- I could hardly stand that they made me lay there for 30 minutes before they showed me!
Good luck, can't wait to see the results!

penny lane designs said...

omg--you have a baby on board! i have been so busy with work i have done a bad job at keeping up with blogs (obviously). this is great news! congrats!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ι leаνe a lеave а respοnse eаch time I appreciate a poѕt on а website or if I havе
sοmething to ѵaluаble to contгibutе
to the discussiοn. Usually іt iѕ cauѕed by the fire diѕplayeԁ in the pοst I геaԁ.
And on this аrticle "AFS Gender Reveal Party Sneak Peek!".
I ωas actually excіted еnough tο lеaνe a сomment :-Р I aсtually ԁo have 2 questionѕ for you if it's allright. Is it only me or does it give the impression like a few of the responses come across like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online sites, I would like to keep up with you. Could you make a list the complete urls of your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Also visit my website ... squidoo.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails