1.20.2010

This post is rated PG.

Why?

Because I'm PG... as in preggers, gotta bun in the oven, knocked up, with child, and vessel of life!

I have been dying to tell everyone, but we waited to tell our families first, then our friends, and then work. Now that the cat is out of the bag, we can tell the whole world!

Right now, I am about 12 weeks. Our little nugget (or hush puppy as my mother calls it) is due in early August. We are really excited and/or anxious depending on the moment.

The day I found out was early on a Sunday morning on December 5th. I took three tests (the last two pictured here), because I was certain the first test was broken.

Pregnant? Me? How could that be possible?

After confirming it not once, but three times, I tried to go back to bed and rest before church. I laid there, paralyzed and decided that I could not just lay there. This was a momentous occasion, and I needed to celebrate! Of course, the only proper way to celebrate a baby on a Sunday is with a big Sunday breakfast. I told the Knight I couldn't sleep and that I was going to make some breakfast. He snored and snoozled cluelessly while I set to work in the kitchen, all the while glancing over at the (cleaned) tests and confirming to myself that "yes, yes indeed, it, no, THEY say I am pregnant. What in the world?" I probably looked like a mad woman in there...tousled bedhead hair, wrinkled robe, simultaneously chuckling and crying, shaking her head, and happily sighing.

Finally, I finished the pancakes, bacon, eggs, and coffee and carried the covered tray to our bedroom.

I woke the Knight, and he sat in the bed blearily confused as to why in the world he had a steaming tray of food in his lap.

Clearly, I do not make breakfast often enough on the weekends. :)

Unable to contain my excitement anymore, I whipped off the towel and pointed at the word.
"Surprise!"

"BBQ?" He hazily yawned. "Why BBQ?"

"No, silly....it says BABY!" I squealed.

"It does?" He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, now fully alert. "We are? What?? How am I supposed to hug you with all this food in my lap? Come 'ere!"

We pushed the tray aside and hugged and screamed while Henry and Betty helped themselves to the tray of delectables. Everyone was happy.

Fast forward 8 weeks, and here is the Nugget Roberts.
Everything seems to be going great, and for the first time yesterday I got to hear its tiny (but very STRONG) heartbeat. It was incredible.

So far, I've been feeling okay. Nausea, fatigue, food aversions (& Cheez-its cravings!), and headaches have tormented me, but I am not giving in. Soon, I should be entering the blissful period where I have boundless energy and feel beautiful in my ever expanding body. I eagerly await those days.

Of course, I will continue to keep you updated, because, um, HELLO! We get to decorate a nursery! And shop for baby clothes. This should be fun.

Also, it appears that our long-planned ski trip will now be what is apparently referred to as a babymoon. We didn't know I was PG when we planned the trip, but thank goodness it is scheduled for next week because my fabulous doctor said I can't go too many more weeks and safely ski.

Steamboat, here we (three) come!
post signature

18 comments:

Sara said...

NO WAY!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY! Congratulations!!! What a super cute way you told him too! I'm sooo happy for you both!
(pssst...giveaway over at my place!)

Jess(ica) said...

Yay!!! What an adorable way to tell the Knight. I love that he thought it said "BBQ." Such a boy. I am thinking I need to start planning the things I will be crafting for the little artsyfartsy....

Hodge Podge said...

Such absolutely wonderful news!!!! And what a sweet way to tell the Knight! Congratulations!

Lavender Lily said...

CONGRATS! How exciting, and what a SWEET way to tell your husband! I love love love that idea. It inspires me to keep more breakfast food in the house, haha...

I can't wait to hear about your experiences, your nursery, all of it!

Une Femme Curieuse said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) The best part is how excited both of you are. You're going to be such a fun Mommy, and given the gene pool we're talking about, Nugget will be so cute! Yay!

Anonymous said...

congrats congrats, e! and i am super impressed by those pancakes! much love to you all.

jen r.

the clark family. said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!!
I am so thrilled for one of my very favorite bloggy ladies :)

Amanda @ Bits and Pieces said...

Oh YAY!! I don't know you but feel like I do via blog-land. So exciting!! I feel like everyone in the blogging "scene" is preggo- you, Bower Power, Oh Brooke, Young House Love... so much FUN to read all about what you guys are doing/planning!

ashleystravel said...

That is so awesome!!!! Congrats!

Victoria said...

Aw, congrats! I've been reading your blog for a while now...I think you are such a great person (well, from what you post on here)..and seem like you'll be a great family! Can't wait to see belly pictures! :)

Ashley said...

Aw yay! I am so happy for you and the Knight!! And I think the way you told him is ADORABLE!

A Call to Armes said...

Congrats! SO incredibly excited for you! Parenthood is such a blessing -- you are going to LOVE it!!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! I appreciate the vote of confidence. While I am so, so excited about the baby, I am very anxious about how working as a full-time lawyer will be with a little one.. We shall see!

Becky said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You will be a great mommy!!!

Courtney Marie said...

Congratulations! I'm 18 weeks, don't worry all the yucky stuff goes away :) I'll be a full time lawyer with a little one as well, I'm excited to figure that one out!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!
Amy

Favors For U said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

Lena said...

Congratulations!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails