10.21.2009

What did I wear to the black tie optional wedding?

A lot of people have been led to this blog based upon their searching for what to wear to a black tie optional wedding.

A few weeks ago, I asked you, my lovely and classy readers, to help me figure out what to wear. Almost all of you replied with a resounding "Cocktail Dress!" response, and I took it to heart.

So, what did I come up with? After much searching, huffing and puffing, zipping and tripping (trying on clothes is hard work sometimes!), I chose THIS DRESS.

Purple is obviously very in right now, as demonstrated by the fact that I saw and tried on at least 15 dresses in various shades of royalty's favorite color. I don't remember seeing a single purple dress last fall!

I love this dress - it is an unusual color, but not so loud that it screams trampy. The fabric is a thick, stretchy satin, so I didn't have to wear any Spanx or pantyhose. The neckline was pretty, but different. The best part? My Macy's only had two left - one in a size 12 and one in my size (8) . I found the 12 first, and when I put it on, it slipped right off. I loved the color and feel of the dress, so I seriously contemplated buying the 12 and taking in the sides.

I decided to make one more go around, and lo and behold, I found one more in MY SIZE hiding behind some other purple dresses. The best part? It was on sale for $75! That's $50 less than what the website quotes.

Isn't my family cute? The Knight and his cousin look so dashing in their "penguin suits" and the Knight's other cousin, Aqua Sha'naqua, really stole the show in her fiery red dress. The Knight's cousin's wife is also ONE HOT MAMA!

So, what do you think? Is my dress a fave for future flings or a fashion faux pas? Chime in!

post signature

9 comments:

Sara said...

i think the dress was perfect! a keeper..

Anonymous said...

You look great...and when can I borrow it!?? :) j/k

Anonymous said...

Yay for size 8! I'm definitely going to want to borrow that!! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how that turned out. You look absolutely lovely!

janis Dickson - Glasgow Scotland said...

Dress is FAB - I used to hate purple but it seems to be THE colour this year. I have bought recently a purple knitted tunic dress to wear over leggings or trousers with some nice boots.

Janis from Glasgow, Scotland

Luke & Amanda said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!

Sara said...

That dress looks great! Very chic :-)

Anonymous said...

very nice post - simple but very informative

buy backlinks

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love how it looks on you!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails