9.24.2009

Coming up for air!

Hi! I'm back to being 100% after my family's insane, surreal weekend.


I cannot even begin to express how much everyone's encouragement helped get me through such a terrifying time. Your calls, emails, texts, messages on Facebook, and comments here really do mean so much. I hope that if you should ever have a crisis, I can be as supportive and encouraging to you as you have been to me.

I feel like I should probably summarize what happened after my last post (Monday? Tuesday? I can't even remember what day that was).

Anyway, on Sunday, Anna turned herself in to the Illinois State Police. I think I covered my feelings on that here. Mom and Dad booked 2 same day one way flights from Tulsa to St. Louis, rented a car, and drove up to Litchfield, IL. They got there around 7 p.m., filled out the necessary paperwork, and began the long trip home. Mom and Dad took turns driving all night, while Anna slept in the back. They got back to their home in Tulsa around 5:30 the next morning.

Mom said that once they arrived, Anna barely spoke three words. Then, the entire ride home, she sat in the backseat, sullen and silent. I think that this behavior really hurt Mom more than some of the other things that Anna had done over the past few days. Anna ran away before my parents knew about her crazy previous year, so they had not had an opportunity to ground her, sent her to rehab, or done anything else in response to that news. So, I can't really understand why Anna was so angry at our parents...I can understand why she would be mad at my brother, but my parents have done nothing but feverishly look for her, spend tons of $$ to fly up to get her, and then drove all night to bring her back home.

Anyway, Anna and I have talked a lot since her return, and I think she knows that her family loves her, is concerned for her, and will support her as she turns the page to a new chapter in her life. She is currently at a 7 day behavioral/psychological evaluation center which also offers initial drug rehabilitation. I can call her once a day for 5 minutes. It is amazing how quickly 5 minutes passes! The Knight and I are planning on going to Tulsa in early November, so I hope to be able to spend more time with her then. I am just still overwhelmed with relief that she is okay!

Since returning back to Tennessee, life has been a whirlwind. On Tuesday, I worked from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Hello billable hours! Then, last night I worked until 6 and went to see A Chorus Line at the Orpheum with two of my favorite girls. It was so great! If you like dancing and musicals, you will love this play. I got goosebumps several times...and it wasn't because I was cold! Tonight, I'm off to celebrate a dear friend's birthday, and then tomorrow night, the Knight and I are headed to couple's shower for an adorable couple that have become friends of ours. We are busy, busy, but I think that is the best way to deal with life --jump in, go fast, hard, and fun, and don't look back!

Real quick, I wanted to share one more thing:

A good friend of mine from college is now on iTunes! She is a fellow Delta Sigma Sister of Joy Alum & I think she kissed the Knight once, long before our dating, of course. ;) Ever since she showed up at LU with her Texas drawl, blonde hair, and faithful guitar, she has been working hard on getting her uplifting music into the ultra-competitive music market. She writes her own songs and can belt out tunes with the best of them! She has arrived, and I am so proud of her! I just bought the last couple of albums, and they are great. Go check her out right now!

Okay, I think that's all for now. Got to get back to work on tomorrow's Football Fashion Friday outfits, oops, I mean appellate briefs, of course! :)

post signature

2 comments:

Kelley B said...

I admire you for sharing your heart with us. I know this has been a tough time for all your family...even the "fake" ones. My heart and prayers are with you all. Yes, you must stay in "life". Being yourself is where you will reach Anna.

Joey said...

Thank you for an update. I've been checking every day and I know Jennifer has been checking some too. Please keep us updated as long as you feel comfortable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails