8.21.2009

AFS Share Time

I have a whole bunch of things I've been dying to tell you...I am getting so backed up with ideas that I think I'm going to have start making a list.

One of the things on my list is to share with you some etsy sellers who have made an extra special impression on me or really gone the extra mile.

We all know that I am quite a little shopper (ahem, hence my name), and it should come as no surprise that since I discovered Etsy, most of my gift buying (okay, really mostly gifts for myself...I am bad) have come from that glorious website. I counted this morning, and so far, since March of 2008, I have made 32 purchases, of which I purchased 48 items, from 29 different sellers. I have quite a purchase history (shhh! don't tell the Knight!).

While I have not had a single unpleasant experience, the following five sellers have really gone above and beyond in their service, communication, and packaging. It is high time that they deserve some accolades!

*************************************************************************************


Diane Zueck, owner of Bebe Chic Boutique, can sew up a storm! Over the past few months, I have purchased 4 of her baby gift sets...three of which I used to make diaper cakes for friends' showers (Oh! Need to know how to make a diaper cake? Go here).




I love her stuff...it is all so cute, and I love that she makes everything by hand. Her items come wrapped in tissue, tied with a pretty grosgrain bow, and include care instructions. She is wonderful at custom orders (three of the four sets have been custom requests). During one order, she included some *extras* which were perfect additions to the gift sets. Plus, she is just a doll.

Because she is a wonderful Etsian, she is offering free shipping to all of you lovely readers. Once you are logged into Etsy, send her a "conversation" with the code AFSHIP, tell her what you want to buy from her store, and she will create a private listing just for you! Thank you so much, Diane!

*************************************************************************************


Recently, I purchased two milk glass dessert plates from Jen's store, My Milk Glass Shop. I have always been drawn to milk glass, and have a small collection.


I'm gathering a few more pieces, and plan to hang several on the long blank wall in our breakfast room. Some people prefer clean, simple walls, but not me...you know I like my shee-shee-poo-poo in every room!

Anyway, Jen let me know as soon as they had shipped AND refunded me the difference between her shipping costs and what I had paid for shipping. Can I just say that that never has happened to me before...I'm sure it was just a few bucks, but that gesture really made an impression on me. The two darling plates arrived, wrapped in tissue paper, tied with lovely grosgrain bow, and included a thank you note and two or three business cards (fastened together with a pearl brad). Ugh. I am such a sucker for details.

She has another lovely store, Jen's Closet, which is chock full of the kind of stuff I love. I assure you that I will definitely be shopping their in the near future!


These vintage handkerchiefs would be perfect for the blushing bride looking for something old & and something blue!


Jen has kindly offered 10% off (not including shipping) in both of her shops to my blog readers! Just send her a message when you are buying stuff from her shop, and she'll adjust the price for you! So, go check her out. Undoubtedly, you will find a treasure you simply must have!

*************************************************************************************


Awhile ago, I ordered this adorable vintage platter:


and this cloth tray from ~Monkeys Always Look~


I have been most pleased with my purchases, but what I remember the most is the way she packaged her items. Everything came beautifully wrapped, and she included a fabulous animorph print with buttons sewed on the card...just because. I love sellers like that.

She sells all kinds of fantastic succulents in unusual containers, and in my opinion, her prices are quite reasonable.

When you have a chance, go check out this girl! She if offering free shipping on any orders over $50 -OR- 10% off orders under $50. Just put Artsy Fartsy in the message to the seller and she will refund the difference to you via Paypal after purchase!

*************************************************************************************


Awhile ago, I bought a set of these egg candles (complete with the tiny bird...i die!).


The packaging alone just did me in, but then I had a little intimate dinner party, and the eggs stole the show.


What I like about Revisions is that she doesn't stick to just one medium. I'm telling you, this lady is GOOOOD. She doesn't just limit herself to egg candles. She makes all kinds of cool jewelry with antique silverware and these adorable bobby pins.


She also sells glorious works of art like this breathtaking and sculputural light fixture. Go have a looksy at her shop. You won't leave emptyhanded!


*************************************************************************************


Last (but defnintely not least) is Custom Pet Creations. Last Christmas, I'm pretty sure I told you about her. Oh wait, here it is! As you can see below, I ordered four puppy ornaments from her for Christmas presents: One for me and the Knight, one for Jess(ica), one for Daisy, and one for my mom. Her ability to capture the little idiosyncrasies of each one of our pups is amazing!

Custom Pet Creations bears mentioning because after I order the first four ornaments, Betty Rascal found them tied to presents under the tree, and had herself a big puppy ornament snack! By the time I contacted CPC and reordered, her price had gone up a smidge. The cool part was...rather than having me pay the new price (which I was planning on doing), she gave me the old price for the new ornament...voluntarily! Then...after all that, she put together this little collage for me as a way of saying thanks! Unbelievable!
She's still offering these great ornaments, but now? Oh, but now it gets so much better! Now, she is selling wine charms of your favorite pooch. Wine & Betty Rascal? I don't know how life could be any sweeter. ;) Don't you think this would be the perfect shower gift for the dog-adoring bride and groom? Or just about anybody? Go visit her right now!


****************************************************************************************
So there you have it...my top 5 fave Etsians. These sellers win the "Miss Congeniality" award...hands down. Thank you so much for doing what you do, offering the items you offer, and going the extra mile to keep shoppers happy. We really appreciate it!

post signature

8 comments:

jen said...

Oh my-you do like to shop!! A girl after my own heart!! I am honored to be one of your featured sellers! I have so much fun with both of my shops and probably my most favorite part is the packaging! Thank you so much!!

Artsy Fartsy said...

You are so welcome! I simply adore both of your stores!

Diane said...

I'm so honored to be one of your favorite sellers. You have introduced me to some new etsy sellers on your blog. I can't wait to explore their shops. I love creating the baby items and love being able to have a shop on etsy.

monkeys always look said...

Thank you so much for including me in this amazing collection. I just love everything you have here!!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for the mention- I really appreciate it! I hope Miss Betty Rascal is doing well, the eye patch cracked me up!

Lavender Lily said...

this is a great post! i love the custom pet creations and will have to think about those for stocking stuffers...i also love the plant and the egg candles! i definitely need to browse etsy more often...

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

Thanks for sharing! I've contacted the artist already, and I'm going to have 3 pet ornaments made for Christmas gifts!

Artsy Fartsy said...

So glad you liked the post, Lily and Amanda! These guys are great...I will definitely shop from all of them again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails