2.10.2009

Dear Valentine: You Tent Me!

Do picture me as a camper?  Sometimes I wonder what people who read this blog (who don't already know me in "real life") think about me.  What I'm like.  Do you think of me as being a shee-shee-poo-poo, silly, happy, girly-girl?  Well, you would be right.  Of course, if you also thought of me as a "likes to get my hands dirty and sweat a little" girl, then you'd be right, too.


Although I don't have as many opportunities to flex the second description of me as much as I would like, this weekend the Knight and I will have to chance!

We are going to Petit Jean State Park in Morrilton, Arkansas, for a little R&R.  

We are going to camp.  In a tent.  And roast hot dogs and marshmallows.  And we are going to hike this gorgeous 12 mile trail on Saturday.  

We might even canoe.  

And fish.  I cannot wait!

Plus, since we are "roughing it," we can bring the Betty Rascal.  She's another girl who looks so prissy on the outside, but really loves nothing more than chewing sticks and chasing animals that are smaller than her (there's not many!).  She won't be able to hike the whole trail on Saturday, but we'll bring a little backpack so that she can ride around with us. 

Although it is going to be a little chilly, I think the weather will be perfect.  

Plus, it is still early enough in the year that hopefully all the scary bugs and snakes are still sleeping, or at least too groggy to try to snack on me!

I'm hoping to get some good pictures of us and the waterfalls.
  
From what everyone has told us, Petit Jean is absolutely gorgeous!  I think this will be the perfect Valentine's weekend.  No stress, beautiful scenery, and my favorite people (yes, Betty Rascal is included in that statement)!  I'll make sure to post pics when we get back.  Pray I don't fall and break my neck! 
 
post signature

2 comments:

Janet Middlekauff said...

I hope you have a blast and I can't wait to see you (in one piece) when you get back!

The Lavender Lily said...

what a fun trip...and beautiful pictures! Happy Valentine's Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails