12.30.2008

Happy New Year! (well, almost)

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  The Knight and I kicked off Christmas early last Tuesday and kept the holiday spirit going until last night.  


On Tuesday, my firm had its office Christmas party, and it was so fun.  They catered a late lunch, and then my firm played several rounds of "Family Feud." To say the least, it was hilarious.  Following the party, the Knight and I went with his aunt, uncle, and cousin to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  

All I can say about that is W.O.W.  It was the most visually incredible and overwhelming spectacle of a show that I have ever seen.  If you ever have a chance to attend a show, I highly
 recommend it.  
(photo from TSO website)

Wednesday night, the Knight, Betty Rascal, and I made the long haul to McMinnville (about 4.75 hours from Memphis).  It was the third weekend in a row that we had traveled, and I was originally NOT looking forward to making the trip.  Of course, I adore the Knight's parents, but I was just SO SICK of being in the car.

Surprisingly, we had the most pleasant trip by taking a more scenic route with lots of pretty houses and Christmas lights.  It didn't make the trip any longer and was oh so much more enjoyable.  

Anywho, our Christmas was great.  We got to spend time with family we hadn't seen in months, the Knight got to fly with his daddy on Christmas Day, and I enjoyed cooking, sleeping in, having lots of time to work out(but not actually doing much working out :)), and do a little after-Christmas shopping.  Everyone liked our gifts (at least they said they did) and we loved ours.  

I gave the Knight lots of warm running clothes, a few other random articles of clothing, and $ome Ca$h Money so that he could buy this fancy schmancy bike that he has been saving for.  Did I mention that my husband has gone crazy and decided to start doing triathlons?  Yes, he is.  And apparently, as he begins his training, I am helping by eating more.  I'm guessing that my impending fatness will motivate him to train harder.  I am helpful like that.

As for me, that sweet Knight got me this gorgeous diamond necklace:

(nothing puts a spring in your step quite like a sparkle round your neck!)

a new digital camera (it's lime green!):
(this is it!  picture from pricescan.com)

 also got several items of clothing from J. Crew and a lovely winter white coat with 3/4 length sleeves.  

(pictured in red - Victoria's Secret website)

Can't wait to wear that on New Year's Eve!

Speaking of New Year's, Daisy(remember Daisy?  My best friend from law school?) and her fabulous boyfriend are coming to Memphis tomorrow!  I cannot wait to ring in the New Year with them!  I'm not sure all of what our plans will involve, but so far I know that it will involve lots of bubbly, fun sparkly party dresses, and possibly Graceland!  

Happy New Year to you all!

post signature

3 comments:

Tinkerfaerie said...

Aww I am so jealous of you lovey dovey married couple! Have a great New Year ahead with your knight :)

Hodge Podge said...

I love love love that coat! It will look so good on you!

Diabolina Da Fashionista said...

yay for bling bling. happy new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails