10.23.2008

Payday equals MAYDAY.

I really tried to resist. Really I did. My forefinger would dance over to the mouse, do a few clickity clicks, and then I would just have to look away. The beauties of Etsy always tempt me, but normally I am so good. That is, of course, until payday. I have my little miscellaneous money fund, and sometimes it burns a hole in my pocket before it even gets in my pocket.

Cue today...here I am, happily sitting at my breakfast table, when all of a sudden it hits me...PAY DAY. Wahoo! I start doing a little happy dance in my chair, and immediately log into Etsy to see what I have favorited.

Granted, there are a lot of things that I have saved that I will never buy. Oh, I would love to, but a girl has to have some restraint, right? But, there were a few lovelies that were destined to come home to live with AFS, the Knight, and Miss Betty Rascal.

The first things I snapped up were 2 of these handmade pillows.

I love the soft look of the linen and the surprising little colorful detail down the middle. The owner was incredibly sweet in her email, and you could tell that her personality is just as warm and welcoming as her pillows are. I wanted to buy all of Hettle's stuff, but I'm pretty much on pillow probation. I have a closet full of throw pillows that are just waiting to be set free...I just need about two more living rooms and an additional guest bedroom to place them in. Anywho, I actually bought these pillows for a purpose. In the next couple of weeks, we are going to make a bold move and paint our den chocolate brown. This means that we will have to use lots of light accessories and shelving to keep the room bright and beautiful. These pillows will either go on the couch or on the two wingbacks for a little shot of creamy taupe. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Next on the list was this tray from Monkeys Always Look.


I've had it saved in my favorites for a while, and finally got the courage to just get it. I think I've mentioned before that I hung a plate rack in my breakfast room. I was having a really hard time finding the "perfect" plate due for the rack, and although I'm not sure if this tray will work...it is so cute, I won't mind having it around for another serving platter. I'm hoping it will coordinate with this tray, and they can live together happily ever after.

While I was poking around in Allison's (owner of Monkeys Always Look) shop, I also noticed this cute little snap tray. Do you ever accidentally lose earrings, rings, or bobby pins down the bathroom sink drain? Cuz' I do. And this little tray will be perfect for helping me avoid doing that in the future. Also, have to say - Allison is incredibly nice. As soon as I made my purchase, she sent me a little email saying hi and thanking me for my purchase. We emailed back and forth for a while, and concluded that though she has never been to the South (she's in California), she would fit in jhu-st fiiine, sugah-pea.

That's one thing I like about Etsy so much...there are real people behind those storefronts who actually love what they are selling. There is nothing more frustrating than going into a gorgeous little store, plunking down bookoos of $$ for something you love, and then have to deal with some snobby/bored/unconcerned teenage cashier who barely acknowledges your present as they ring up your purchases.

Okay, I'm stepping off the soapbox now, and going back to the happy world of Etsy. My final purchase of the day (see, only 3, well maybe 4 thing? I was very, very good.) was from a shop that I have been literally dying to tell you about. It's called Five Dot Design, and it is so cute. The owner, Kristen, comments on my blog occassionally, and I have been waiting for the perfect time to a) introduce all of my other blog friends to her and b) greedily snatch up her goodies.

Today, I will do just that. Blogfriends, meet Five Dot. Five Dot, meet blogfriends. Okay, now on to her gorgeous stuff. I bought this little desk calendar.

I bought it for me, but foresee that in the near future, this may be the gift I buy for all of those dirty Santa parties. It is just too stinkin' cute, and the illustrations are really captivating and whimsical. Very me, methinks.

If I was moving again, I would totally get these hysterical fishbowl we've moved announcements. How clever! And completely accurate. I know the economy isn't so hot right now, but if you are one of the fortunate ones who is actually house-shopping right now, these are the moving announcements for you.

Finally, you need to check out all of Five Dot's greeting cards. I especially like all the flower ones. I know you can actually send these to people, in the actual mail, no less (who knew?), but personally, I would want to frame them all and hang them in big white wooden frames in a hallway or a bedroom. So posh. So perfect for curing the winter blues.

Okay, well that's all I got in me for now. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. The Knight and I are taking a much needed break and heading to the lake for the weekend. I am so excited about watching football, sleeping in, and pigging out...all while floating on the water. Our Vols haven't been doing so hot this year, but I think that we are going to make a comeback this weekend. I'm basing this prediction solely on the fact that I bought the cutest orange argyle sweater from Tar-jay last night.
I'm pretty sure it is a sign that we are destined for victory. Go VOLS!

post signature

5 comments:

five dot design said...

you're so dang cute! thanks for a GREAT write-up!

Hodge Podge said...

Wonderful finds AFS! I hope the Vols win and I love that I had posted my Game Day sweater, too!

Ellen Hart said...

Love the calendars! Great gift ideas because I'm all stocked up on calendars for myself.

twiddlestix said...

Great finds! Hooray for Payday! ;)

MysteryGirl said...

Dear Blog Owner,

My name is Lisa, and I work with the website ZooCaro:

http://www.zoocaro.com

I recently found your site and am very interested in exchanging links.

As you know, reciprocal linking benefits both of us by raising our search rankings and generating more traffic to both of our sites. Please post a
link to my site as follows:

Title: ZooCaro
URL: http://www.zoocaro.com
Description: A shopping search engine where you can find anything from clothing to electronics to books!

Or get an html logo from here: http://www.zoocaro.com/link.php

Once you've posted the link, let me know the URL of the page that it's on, and I will post it on our site. Just send me an email at izoocaro@gmail.com

Thank you very much,

Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails