10.20.2008

Good morning!

First, note that I have updated my links. I took off the standard blogs that it seems everyone I read reads, and only put people on there with whom I have some sort of personal connection. Either they are regular commenters, friends in real life, or they link to me. If you want to be added, let me know, and I will try to get around to it this week.

The house is slowly but surely coming together! Plus, I finally found my camera. I took some pictures, and will post them shortly. We are finally starting to hang pictures...boy, does that make a difference!

Can't wait to show you the progress we've made.

Finally, took a little test thing. I would have never pinned myself as a "Marilyn", but oh well...I guess I can stomach being a blonde sex symbol for one day!

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Marilyn!

mm.marilyn_.jpg

You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."

Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me

  • * Be direct and clear

  • * Listen to me carefully

  • * Don't judge me for my anxiety

  • * Work things through with me

  • * Reassure me that everything is OK between us

  • * Laugh and make jokes with me

  • * Gently push me toward new experiences

  • * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.

What I Like About Being a Marilyn

  • * being committed and faithful to family and friends

  • * being responsible and hardworking

  • * being compassionate toward others

  • * having intellect and wit

  • * being a nonconformist

  • * confronting danger bravely

  • * being direct and assertive

What's Hard About Being a Marilyn

  • * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind

  • * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself

  • * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of

  • * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger

  • * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right

  • * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

Marilyns as Children Often

  • * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn

  • * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger

  • * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent

  • * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel

  • * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent

Marilyns as Parents

  • * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty

  • * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence

  • * worry more than most that their children will get hurt

  • * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries

post signature

5 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Hey! Me too! (Marilyn)

Anonymous said...

Hi AFS!
First time writer, many time reader. I am a 1L at U of M and found your blog on the UTK legal blog list. I love it!! I am a devoted reader and don't usually go more than a week without checking in to see what you have to say. Anyway, I had to send you a note because I think I had a celebrity sighting today---you! I'm pretty sure I saw you in the law library computer lab this morning. I wanted to say "hi", but didn't want to interupt you. Anyway, the sighting was a neat uplift for my day which consisted of Civ Pro, Property, Contracts, and working on a legal methods paper.
Best!
Jessica

Artsy Fartsy said...

Well, bust my buttons...aren't you too cute? I can't believe you saw me - how fun! No one has ever called me a celebrity. You just made my day.

I do wish very much you would have said hi. I would have happily come up for air as all I was doing was reading up on toxic mold litigation. Your Civ Pro class must sound more and more exciting by the minute.

If you are ever downtown, send me an email. I would love to have lunch and talk...about decorating, shopping, or, okay, I guess we could talk about the law/law school, as well.

My email is curtsies@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

The Lavender Lily said...

Woohoo, I made your blog list! I will have to take this quiz, because I love all things Mad Men...I think the next episode is the finale, and then we have to wait till next September for Season 3. Booo!

Kelli said...

From what I can tell on the blog, this definitely applies to you. How often does that happen?

I've decided to go back to law school. Lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails