10.02.2008

Showing those pearly whites!

Sheesh - I really hope I can keep this blog going. I had NO idea how busy and exhausted my new job would make me feel. I'm always thinking "that would be good for the blog" or "I need to remember that, its funny!" By the time I sit down to write, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say. So then, I just whine about how tired I am, and you are all snoring by the end of the post. So, get out your pillow, cuz a'here comes the gripes.

Seriously, I feel like I'm in a haze. Granted, that might be a side effect of my allergy medicine, but maybe its more than that. I love my new job, but I hate how it has eaten into my time to be crafty and silly. Plus, the Knight and I have gotten serious about getting the house purtied up, and so that is the thing I fixate on as soon as I get home. Do you think I have issues, or is this normal?

Okay, enough negativeness. With the economy and all the bad things being said by both political parties, the last thing this world needs is one more grumpy blogger.

I have to say how touched I am to have been given a Smile award by sweet and lovely Lavender Lily. No one has ever given me a blog award before, and I am so touched that she thought of me. Thank you, Lily, thank you! Now it is my turn to pass it on.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

I don't know if Melissa at Melissahead Yabberings/Operation Nice loves kids, but I do know that she more than qualifies for this award. Her warmth and desire to spread good in our jaded critical world is very much appreciated by me and so many others. Thank you Melissa - I'm pretty sure the Smile Award was inspired by you!

Okay, so that is all for now. But I am making a vow. In fact, I'm going to hold up my right hand and vow this in front of the Knight so I HAVE to do it. Okay - I vowed. The Knight can vouch for me. I hit the yardsale jackpot last weekend, and we have been working hard on the house. I am going to take pictures of everything and post them NO LATER than this Sunday. I think you will be pleased to see our progress.

Okay, back to Ugly Betty!

post signature

4 comments:

The Lavender Lily said...

I can't wait to see your pictures...I love seeing all your fun house (and other) projects!

Melissa said...

can't wait to see the great yard sale buys!

five dot design said...

mmmm... i heart jackpot yard sale finds!

Melissa said...

Aww shucks!!! That is so sweet! Actually, I always joke that I changed majors from elementary education to graphic design because I hate children. :-) That's not exactly true. Haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails