8.06.2008

Just Beachy.

Hallooo, my "not at the beach" friends. Wish you were here - we could be drinking mai tais and having our feet rubbed by gorgeous Captiva men. Just finished eating the most gorgeous peel and eat shrimp and champagne with a splash of cranberry juice. I am on cloud nine.

Internet is spotty here, but just wanted to check in a say helooo! The Knight and I are having a ball - sitting at the beach, playing the ocean, shopping at beachy boutiques, and getting attacked by fish. Oh, I failed to mention that?

Yes, that's correct. Yours truly got pummeled by a fish a couple of days ago why playing in the ocean. The Knight and I were trying to do underwater toetouches (don't judge) and all of a sudden I feel this punch in my right arm. I thought that his heel had accidentally come down on my arm, but I looked at the Knight's face and he was as surprised as me. "A FISH! That was a fish!" he blurted out, and naturally I completely freaked out.

I immediately hopscotched it out of the ocean, and then noticed that my arm was, in fact, bleeding. The fish smacked into me so hard, its scales actually cut me. Not too deep, but still, several little slices. It felt like someone had thrown a baseball at my arm. All I can figure is that the fish (a rather large one, i assume) was swimming along, got caught in the wave, and rammed right into my bicep.

Poor fish - he probably went right home and told his wife all about the crazy giant that attacked him and took off half of his fishstache.

Don't worry, I took pictures of my battle scar. As soon as I get home, I will be sure to post them. I have a huge bruise, and a tiny scab, and of course every shirt I brought is sleeveless. So, either everyone on Captiva Island thinks that the Knight beats me or I am just incredibly clumsy. False on the first, but they'd be right about the second.

Well, just had to share. Apparently, sea life likes me. Last time we were at the beach, a jellyfish hugged me. Seriously. I was standing in the breaking waves, and its tentacles wrapped all around my torso. And as luck would have it, I was wearing a bikini that year. You would think I would learn to stay out of the ocean, but I love it so much, I just keep going back for more abuse. Thank goodness I don't live here. Who am I kidding? I would love to live here. This place is incredible. Can't wait to show you ALL the gorgeous pictures.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll be back to Memphis on Saturday, so things should get back to normal soon. Now, I'm off to the Bubble Room for orange crunch cake. Yum!

Fishy-face kisses,
post signature

2 comments:

The Lavender Lily said...

best. story. ever.

You are too funny.

Cristie said...

I am so jealous you are at the beach, we go in 2 weeks. Love the fish story, can't wait fot the photo. We also need a photo of Andy doing those underwater toetouches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails