7.23.2008

To my lobster

Four years ago today, you and I got married. The white dress, the absurd huge number of people on the guest list, the missing flower girl (remember how she showed up just minutes before I was to walk down the aisle?). That day - so many little things went wrong, but I didn't care. All I knew was at the end of the day, we would be married, promised to one another before hundreds of witnesses. And that was all that truly mattered.

Even though we dated for over 3 years prior to our wedding, on the day we exchanged our vows, as I walked down that long aisle, I saw you as if I had seen you for the very first time.


You stood there so proudly. And maybe a tad nervously. Earnest, loving, and tender-hearted. Those gorgeous blue eyes. And those dimples. . .


Sheesh
! You took my breath away. That day was a wonderful, beautiful way to start our married life together, but I'm so glad it doesn't end there.

A couple of days ago, we were joking about how you couldn't survive without me because, if it weren't for me, you would forget everything. The funny thing is, I feel the same way about you. We have come to rely on each other, depend on each other, for so many things. If you weren't in my life, I would feel as if I had lost a most important and significant part of me.


We've been married four years now, and sometimes, it is easy to forget to really "see" the other person in the hustle and bustle of our crazy busy lives. Just last week, you finally mentioned that you had gotten a haircut a week prior and I hadn't noticed one bit. I'm sorry for that. But, just so you know, sometimes, I'll look at you, and you still completely slay me. You really are my "Knight" in shining armor.

Here's to us, honey. May our love only grow deeper and wider the next four years. May we always remember that home is really where the heart is, and that it is a rare and wonderful gift when our spouse is also our best friend. I hope you will continue to challenge me to be a better person, and I can continue to do the same for you. I hope our journey together is long, full of love, and full of laughter. And I pray you never lose those dimples.


I love you, honey. Happy Anniversary.

post signature

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwwww! Sniff, sniff. That was beautiful! Happy 4th Anniversary to the gorgeous couple!

Anastasia said...

Yay!!! Happy Anniversary!

The Lavender Lily said...

I love the title of this post - he's her lobster! Happy anniversary! Here's to four more years and four more after that and four more after that...

Becky said...

So sweet and what gorgeous pictures! Happy Anniversary! Hope it was wonderful!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks everyone! So glad you liked the post. We had a wonderful anniversary.

Ellen Hart said...

Ahhh… how sweet! This was nice to read. Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

You bring tears to my eyes! So incredibly sweet of you. Happy Anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails