6.16.2008

We did it!

Fello law clerk, blogger, and seamstress extraordinaire Jess(ica) and I have applied to have an apron booth at the Cooper Young Festival! Go here for more info.



Now we just have to wait for our application to be approved and our booth location to be assigned. I am so excited, and nervous at the same time. I hope people will like our products...sewing is such an extension of both of our personalities, if people don't like what we sew, it will feel like they don't like us!

Sewing all the aprons, children's aprons, hand towels, potholders, oven mitts, etc. is going to be difficult, considering that we both have full-time jobs, plus I'm getting ready to move (hello! Closing this Thursday!) and will undoubtedly be "forced" to decorate the house.

Despite all the upcoming summer craziness, I think, scratch that, KNOW we can handle it. First of all, Jess(ica) has been very smart, and has already sewn several aprons...currently they are for sale in her etsy shop. As for me, well, it might take long hours and weekends full of sewing, but soon I'll have my very own room for sewing (see you later TV tray and folding chair), and I think my productivity will increase dramatically.

I'll keep you updated on our progress. But in return, if you are in Memphis on September 13, you better drop by and say hi!

post signature

P.S. Since we really, really want everyone to come visit, in case you don't know what we look like - this is us on the day we both got sworn in as lawyers. Obvy, we'll be a little more dressed down on the day of Festival! :)

4 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Yay!! Yes, everyone please come!

I'm so excited for your sewing room!! It will definitely help productivity. You won't ever have to put your stuff away!! So awesome.

p.s. My hair has grown a lot, huh? And it was really blond. I forget these things.

Artsy Fartsy said...

You are right...your hair has grown a lot...and gotten a lot redder/browner. On the other hand, my hair seems to keep getting shorter and shorter, and my bangs keep becoming more and more pronounced. Soon, I won't have any hair left on the back of my head...it will all be combed to the front and side parted to the left!

Craft fair, here we come!

ashleystravel said...

How exciting! Good luck with the booth and the sewing. Sadly, I don't think I will be near that side of Tennessee in September.

Melissa said...

Sending good luck vibes your way! I keep saying that once my "craft lab" is set up, I am going to be so insanely productive. Hopefully the same goes for you and your sewing room!

Related Posts with Thumbnails