6.27.2008

Thou shalt not covet...


But sometimes, I just can't help it!

Here are several luscious finds that are, well, frankly, for the birds.

This pillow ($28)
and print ($13) from Joom would go perfectly in my guest bedroom.

(bedding I have right now)

This Gocco print ($12) from bridbird is so pretty. Apparently, I am still on the green thing. It is a little small, but I can see it on an inspiration wall with several other pieces or tucked in a sneaky corner of the room over a little reading desk or vanity.

Just for fun, check out these birdie hooks ($14) and this Birds of Paris scarf ($24) from urban outfitters.


Okay, enough with the birds. This village print ($20) from Ubiki perfectly matches the color scheme I have planned for my office (cornflower blue, celadon green, and true pink).

On to lighting. The Knight and I have several mismatched bargain lamps that I have picked up along the way. Now that we have moved into the house, everything we previously owned suddenly looks . . . shabby. So, in addition to a gazillion other things costing a gazillion dollars, I am on the hunt for fabulous, functional, and beautiful lighting.

One thing our house doesn't need is overhead lighting. Thankfully, the previous owners picked out gorgeous rubbed bronze/wrought iron metal fixtures for the entire house (one of the only good things they did). We like them, are keeping them, and don't need any overhead fixtures. Of course, that means that I am finding all kinds of tasty overhead lighting that I absolutely do not need, but wish I did.

For instance, I have been eyeing this pendant lamp ($249) for several months now. Call me crazy, but I can just see matching ones hanging over bedside tables on either side of the bed. Love.


Speaking of lighting that I have been drooling over, this gawgeous chandelier ($1750) goes with absolutely nothing in my house, but I need it. If only I was a rich, rich woman...I could put this in my master bathroom/boudoir and just live there. Forever.

Okay, that's all for now. I know I need to do a clothing coveting post, but lately I have had the hardest time shopping on the internet. Although I did find this breezy little number when perusing urban outfitters, and I'm wondering if it would be the perfect housewarming gift for my new closet. :)

In other news, our furniture arrived last night! Yippee! I was like a kid in a candy shop - opening all the boxes and oohing and aahing over everything. Unfortunately, after I spent 45 minutes putting the legs on the table, I flipped it over to find that there was a big nick out of the side of the table. It looked like it had been dropped! So, I called West Elm, and they are going to send us a new table and come pick the other one up.

Then I started putting together the chairs...also an incredibly long task. After putting all 4 side chairs together, I started working on the first armchair. As I was putting on the last leg, I noticed a big crack in the wood where screws go it. So, had to call West Elm ah-gehn, and they are going to send a new one asap.

I feel that they should award me with a new rug or vase to compensate for all my time and the pain and suffering I endured when I discovered that my new and expensive furniture was damaged. Maybe I'll try that angle. Sound lawyerly, enough?

The other stuff looks awesome though, and assuming we can get pieces that aren't cracked or dinged, I am really going to love them. I took some pictures to share, but I really want to wait and show you the final product...so, you might have to wait a few days. I know, I am so mean!

I'll tell you this - owning a house is exhausting work. I have fallen into bed each night completely pooped, and my legs are so tired by the end of the day, they actually ache. But in a satisfying "I got a lot done" way, so its okay!

kisses,

post signature

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel your exhaustion!! For weeks, all I wanted to do was put stuff away and organize things. And now I'm at the point where I want to go home and sit my butt on the couch. That stinks about the West Elm furniture! I'm glad I have one nearby so I can pick everything up with the utmost care! I actually was eyeing a coffee table there, since we just sold our hideous wicker one on craigslist last night.

Hey, when you're rich and you buy that chandelier, can you buy one for me too???

Artsy Fartsy said...

I wish we had a West Elm here. We have the outlets and the warehouse, why not the actual store? It makes no sense. And yes, I'll put you down for one chandelier when I become a very rich woman.

P.S. when are you going to start selling those delightful kitchen prints in your etsy store? I think I might want to order one!

Sheridan said...

Thanks for all the great links. I love your Etsy finds!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Sheridan, that is such a pretty name! So glad you like the finds...Shopping on Etsy is a dangerous, money-spending, time-waster, but I love it!

Sion said...

Sion with Ubiki here -- thank you so much for mentioning "My Village". I really appreciate it! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails