A fresh coat of paint....

For my blog! Isn't the new design so adorable? And SO me? I am in blog heaven...it has everything I love...aqua, orange, shoes, shopping, cool fonts, and even a cartoon version of me!

Marina, you did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and responding back to me so quickly. Even the Knight thought it was cool!

Speaking of the Knight, he and I just got back from the craziest whirlwind weekend in Nashville. We went there for Memorial Day to visit his sister and her husband and kids, and see our friends and their new baby! And, for the first time, we left our baby at "camp" (Perk's Pet Kennel) for the weekend, since we knew we were going to spend a majority of our time on the lake. I was so sad leaving her at a kennel, but I know she'll be safe...it was just so hard to say goodbye!

Actually, first, our weekend started here in Memphis on Friday afternoon. I have mentioned that the Knight and I have been trying to buy a house, and I am happy to say that as of Friday, we officially have a contract on a house! We are so excited, and are supposed to close on June 20th. This is what it looks like now, but keep in mind that we are considering painting the brick cream to really bring out the pretty wood stained shutters and front door.

(Front of the house)

(View of the formal living & dining room and the pretty front door)

(Another angle of the formal living and dining room. The floors have been refinished, the entired house has been painted, and all of the light fixtures in the house are brand new. They even have remotes!)

(The den has nice built ins and fresh new carpet!)

(This kitchen is bigger than this one side, but this gives you an idea of the cabinetry. It appears to be "original" but has been nicely refinished. The countertops are just plain jane laminate, but we hope to replace them soon. The floor has new tile, and the appliances, while not top of the line, are at least new.)

(Another view of the kitchen...this would be considered the breakfast room. The bar looks into the kitchen area. Those louvered doors hide the laundry closet, and beyond that is the den.)

(The backyard. Isn't much to look at now, but at least it is already fenced in for Betty. We are so excited to be buying her a yard!)

Isn't it cute? We are so excited to have stumbled upon this house. It wasn't the prettiest thing from the outside, but we figured that could be fixed. Plus, once we got inside, we loved the floor plan,and the fact that there was room to grow. This is a house that can comfortably accommodate both of us, plus we have rooms for an office, a sewing room, guest room, and even a room for Betty (okay, I guess that room could also be a nursery). It makes me nervous to take the plunge, but we are so sick of renting. Home ownership, here we come!

Anyway, around midnight on Friday, I get a call from my Mom in a panic. My grandfather has COPD, and apparently, he was having a terrible time breathing and was so "out of it" he didn't even know who my mom was. I really thought that we would be driving to Kansas for a funeral, but on Saturday morning, Mom called to say that he was doing much better, although he still was getting confused at times. For example, I talked to him on the phone for a while, and at first, it seemed that he knew who I was, but halfway through the conversation, he blurted out "You're the best insurance nurse I've ever had!" Yeah...I have no idea where that came from. It breaks my heart that my grandfather is dying, but at the same time, I don't want him to be in pain. They say that people with COPD die because their lungs fill up with fluid, and when they are dying, they feel like they are drowning. Unfortunately, they may have several spells where they have little or no oxygen, but end up coming around. I'm guessing that's what happened to my grandpa on Friday night, and Mom wonders if he may have had a small stroke during the spell. I'm planning on driving up there this coming weekend...we have always had a special bond, and I really feel like I should be there to help take care of him as much as I can. Please keep him in your prayers.

Since Mom didn't think we needed to come to Kansas, we headed, as planned, to Nashville to visit the Knight's sister and her precious family. After dropping off our stuff at the Knight's sister's house (her name can be Maggie), we headed to the hospital to see our friends' new baby boy! He was so cute and so tiny. He held his little fists up in front of his face like a tiny boxer, and only made the tiniest of squawking baby sounds. After all the holding, and the oohing, and the aahing, we learned that the Knight's cousin was in the same hospital with his wife because she was having their baby later that day. So, we get the room number, find the room, and knock on the door, thinking we'll be able to just stop in and give her a few words of encouragement before the big delivery. The Knight's cousin, the soon to be father, pops his head out and says "You can't come in...we just got IT out!" All of a sudden, we hear a baby squall, and we felt so terrible. How much worse could our timing be?

Anywho, after profusely apologizing for coming by at such a bad time, and stopping by the family waiting room to say hi to the rest of the Knight's extended family, we eat dinner at Logan's (Hello, spicy Talapia - YUM), and spend the rest of the night drinking wine with Maggie's family, and just having a great time.

The next day, we went to church at our home away from home, Otter Creek CoC, and headed to the Percy Priest Lake. Maggie and her husband, Mr. Biz, have an awesome pontoon boat, and we hung out with them and their adorable kids for the rest of the day. It was perfectly sunny out. I was very good and wore plenty of sunscreen, but I have to admit that I am sad I didn't get even a smidge of sun. We ended the night by watching an incredible fireworks show on the water which had one of the best finales I have ever seen.

Today, we decided that we would go back to the lake and have round two of the lake, but the weather was not in agreement with our plan. As soon as we got the pontoon and ski boats situated, the ugliest, darkest clouds starting rolling over us. The dock was completely covered up in clouds and stormy weather, so we decided to wait it out in the water. Well - all I can say was BAD IDEA. I'm telling you, the rain
poured on us. We all hovered under the pontoon's canopy, but it was not helpful in the least. It was as if the wind was blowing on us from all angles, and the rain happily obliged to her directions. Then, it started thundering and lightning, and then it started to hail. Right on our backs. It felt like hundreds of needles raining on us. Poor Carter and Maddie were so scared, and Maggie and I hovered over them like mama chickens, trying to keep our little eggs dry. I have to admit, even I was a little scared at times. Finally, the rain subsided, and we managed to eat our lunch, pack up, and head back to the dock. Carter, who is 4, kept saying "I mean, what a WASTED day." I have to say, I kind of agree with him.

On our drive back to Memphis, the Knight and I faced a storm of similar proportion, and we passed at least 8 trees that had fallen
on the interstate. At one point, we had to pull over because it was raining so hard, you couldn't even see if you were at a standstill. Thankfully, we are now in our little apartment, safe and dry. I am so glad to be home, but so excited to start packing for our new one! Now I can surely put my design blog (which has yet to be published) to good use!

Okay, with that I'm off to do some sewing!

post signature


Cristie said...

Love the house, congrats!

Anonymous said...

The new blog look is so great! And I LOVE the house!! Congratulations!!!


Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks Cristie and Jenn! We are incredibly excited!

Anastasia said...

Yay for all the new things! The new layout is beautiful. I'm jealous! Ana's layout is getting a little tired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails