2.28.2008

The kitchen sink (and then some).

Some craziness has been going around here, y'all. I have been meaning to tell you about it, but to be quite honest, when I come home from the work, the LAST thing I want to do is sit down and get in front of the computer, considering that's what I just spent the last 8 1/2 hours doing. So, you, my blog friends, get neglected. So sorry.

First of all, my precious judge/boss fell down the stairs a few night ago, and broke several (like 6-9) ribs and collapsed a lung. He is 80, is already suffering from lung cancer (in the other lung), and now will be in even more pain, considering that it takes MONTHS for ribs to heal. Amazingly, he doing great. He sure is a tough old codger. He is pretty doped up, and yesterday, while one of his sons was visiting with him, Judge's eyes got real big and said "Quick, hit the lights, the GERMANS are coming!" Medicine is f-u-n-n-y.

Now, the doctors are just trying to help him manage the pain and trying to help him avoid getting pneumonia. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.


Second, we are in the middle of a SNOWSTORM! Right now, we have between 2-3 inches, and the snow is showing no sign of stopping. Less than an hour ago, we took Betty outside, and already our footprints are covered up! Betty is in LOVE with the snow. She has never seen it before, and as soon as she got out in it, she started chasing the snowflakes. So cute!

Here are some pictures of our little munchkin (okay, and a video. I guess I got a little carried away. Oh, and just for the record, if you watch the video and you hear a little noise that sounds like a toot, well, it wasn't me. I mean, it was me, but just my mouth. Not the other part. It just happens to be a noise that gets Betty's attention. Okay, back to the pictures. :P).



Betty paws. :)

Sniffity, sniffle.

Oh, so happy!

Posing for mama.

Speaking of Betty, I have started getting emails from Betty's vet. So far, we have received an e-card for Christmas and her birthday, and then a few days ago, we got this one:

Dear Betty Rascal,

Please let your caretaker know that you will soon be due for the following health services:

Rabies (due March 27, 2008)
Leptospirosis (due March 27, 2008)
Htw Test (due March 27, 2008) DHLP/Parvo (due March 27, 2008)
Bordetella (due March 27, 2008)
Annual Exam (due March 27, 2008)
These services are an important part of your healthcareprogram. Your caretaker can learn more about them by visiting your Pet Portal at the Southwind Animal Hospital website:http://www.southwindvets.com/.

I mean, I totally think its awesome that Betty's vet is so "current," but still, it is very funny. And I resent that I am referred to as just a "caretaker." Is that what Betty called me the last time she was at the doctor? I thought what we had was so much more. sniff, sniff.

While we're at it, here's a couple funny pictures of Betty.



She is such a sorority girl.
(For all you out there freaking out right about now, no actual alcohol was used in these pictures. The bottles were empty.)

This past weekend, the Knight and I doggy-sat Reagan (Jess(ica)'s baby). Betty and Reagan are BFF, and for 5 days, I actually got to sleep the entire night through because Betty was so worn out from playing, she didn't feel the need to wake me up at 4:30 a.m. to P!L!A!Y!.

I've been toying with the idea of getting another pup, and now I'm even more torn. On one hand, two puppies means twice the vet, food, grooming, and boarding bills. Also, two dogs would be harder to manage if we went out of town and decided to take them with us. On the plus side, another dog would be a perfect playmate for Betty. She had so much fun, and seemed so depressed when Reagan left. Maybe when we have a house (with a fenced in yard), I consider it more carefully.

This picture makes me laugh. Reagan looks like he's laughing, channeling the Count on Sesame Street, and Betty's all "Hmmm?"

Cute bottoms.

Hmm, let's see what else has been going on? Well, I sewed my first full-length apron. Here is a picture. Keep in mind that this order was for a very tall woman, so it is a tad longer than I would have typically made it. Also, next time, I'm going to put a little pocket on one side and take out the kangaroo pouch style pocket. I don't think it is very flattering, and it kind of in an awkward spot. So much for following the pattern's instructions!




I'm sitting here, and I can't think of anything else to blog about. I'm really looking forward to spring. My sister is turning 16, my mom is graduating from college with a Bachelors in Nursing. The Knight is doing well at work, and I am set to start at the firm in September. Somewhere in there, we have to figure out a time to buy a house. I am itching to get out of this apartment. Every day, it seems smaller and smaller. I am sewing on a tv tray while sitting on a folding chair. WE NEED SPACE!

Oh, as promised, here is a picture of my new hair. I really think it is cute, but then every time I take a picture, I don't like the way I look. So, all that to say, this picture isn't very good. Here goes:

If you really want to see what a complete nerd I am, I will show you. Each season/holiday I try to change the decor of the dining room table to match the occasion. For a while, there has been a "pink" theme, but today I finally welcomed spring...you know, while it was snowing outside. Because that makes perfect sense. More like, because I'm hoping the Ms. Weather sees my table and changes her temperature accordingly.

(Valentine's Table)

(Closeup of the flowers the Knight gave me for V-Day)(Spring Table!)

Okay, well I guess that's all I got for now. I'll talk at'cha later!

Artsy Fartsy is kinda wanting the Knight to get an earring. Would that mean his name would have to change to the Pirate?

2 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Ok I have several comments:

1. Betty is adorable in the snow!

2. Reagan SO looks like the count from Sesame Street! Crazy!

3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the full length apron (though I agree about the kangaroo pouch).

4. Betty with the beer bottle is priceless. That needs to be blown up and framed somewhere in your new house (when you get one)!

Diabolina said...

a sorority girl is FUNNY.

loving the snow. looks magical. i would die in it tho :)

i covet your hair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails