1.28.2008

I feel bad, then I feel better.

Hey there, ho there, hi there. Things around here have been relatively uneventful and dreary in a ho hum sort of way. I've been really busy at work, the Knight has really been stressed at his job, and when we get home, we just sort of cocoon up on the couch, clinging to one another in hopes the other one has enough energy to get the both of us through the next day.

I really am sorry I haven't posted sooner, but lately I have been feeling pretty uninspired. Maybe I only have a certain amount of creativity lurking in my noggin, and once I started sewing, I had none left for le blog. But, I guess there are a couple of noteworthy bits of info that I could pass on...

First and foremost, I got my braces off! Here is a picture of the "new" me. Try not to focus on the large tundra also referred to as my forehead, its pretty bad, but well, this is what I look like after a long day at work.

See? How straight they are? I think having braces straightened out my actual smile, too!
In case you can't remember, this is what I looked like before.

Next, in the past month, I sewed three more aprons (actually, I sewed four, but I only remembered to take pictures of three).

Mommy and me aprons for a client.

Apron for a friend made with orange polka dot and vintage calico(?) fabric. I LOVE the brown rickrack.



The Knight and I decided that we are going to solely look in Harbortown/Mud Island while we shop for a house (this is very exciting for me, especially, because when I start working at my "firm" job, work will only be 5 minutes away!). It is very "yuppity," but I think we'll be able to enjoy our time there. While I really wanted to live in Midtown because of the quaint neighborhoods, Craftsman bungalows, and eclectic atmosphere, the Knight wanted to live in Collierville or DeSoto County, Mississippi so he could have about 5 or so acres with no contact from the outside world. It isn't hard to believe that we had some knock-down, drag out fights about where to buy a home, but we finally settled on an option that is strangely perfect for the both of us, at least for the next 3-5 years. We will have great access to all the fun stuff downtown, but we'll have our own space and even a tiny yard for little miss Betty. For the past several months, we been living on the "fringe" of Memphis in Cordova . . . I think it will be good for us to immerse ourselves in what downtown Memphis has to offer. And, surprisingly, downtown is quite safe.

I also wanted to share a couple blogs that I am in love with at the moment. The first, decor8, is pretty well-known, and most of you have probably already stumbled on it. I really like Holly's descriptive writing style and her ability to hunt down and feature some of the coolest design stuff out there. Also, unlike me, she posts, like, 4 times a day.

The other is a blog run by one of my favorite online shop owners...PinkLovesBrown. I have purchased some stationary from her before as a gift, and as soon as I run out of what I have now, I will be purchasing some just for me, as well. I am also seriously coveting these adorable little suitcases. Anywho, she has this wonderful little blog (called Making It Lovely) where she shares her and her husband's adventures in updating an old bungalow. Her style is funky and fun, and she is always kind enough to tell her faithful readers where she got her stuff. I wish I could implement some of her vibe into our next place, but I feel it is a little too feminine for the Knight.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Hope y'all have a lovely week and fun-filled weekend!

Artsy Fartsy is trying to treat stress and worry like a dog would. But sometimes, it is just so hard to piss on it and walk away. There, wasn't that lovely?

5 comments:

ashleystravel said...

Yeah! Congrats on getting the braces off. I remember that feeling from way back in the day...

Anastasia said...

Yay for no more braces!

Artsy Fartsy said...

It IS such a relief. Three cheers for baby carrots and caramel apples!

Miss Foxy said...

Do you hand sew the aprons or do you use a machine? I have a friend in pharmacy school at Memphis and they live in Mud Island and LOVE it. Other than Germantown, it's the only really safe part of town, Katie tells me.

Artsy Fartsy said...

miss foxy,
I use a machine for a majority of the apron. I hand sew a tad, just to finish off the waistband and the bows.

I'm glad your friend likes Mud Island. We are SO excited about moving there...now we just have to find the perfect house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails