1.14.2008

The Big Reveal...

Hi! I'm drinking wine, watching reruns (sad, sad writer's strike) and the Knight is preparing his specialty beef tortilla soup. I'm not a huge beef eater (Heee! BEEFEATER), but the smell of browning beef is right up there (for me) with the smell of brewing coffee and baking bread...YUM.

Anywhoodles, things have been pretty busy lately. Work's been crazy for both of us and the Knight and I have immersed ourselves in trying to find the perfect area to live. We have spends gobs of gas driving around all the different places in Memphis trying to figure out which places are safe and which places are affordable (unfortunately, those two things don't always go hand in hand). We aren't going to buy for some time, but since we are new to the area, we figured we might as well watch the markets we are interested in.

It is so exciting to think about owning our own home. For nearly 8 1/2 years, we (individually and then as an old fart married couple) have tolerated amorous neighbors, barking dogs, and dead cat smells (no really, our last apartment was next to this disgusting place which, when the mgmt finally got into, they discovered tons of pet poo in the closet which abutted our apartment). I am so ready to have walls that are not a dingy white and sinks that don't have years of other people's "goo" in it. We are thrilled at the prospect of having room for all of our furniture that is currently in the Knight's parents' attic and at the idea of having room when we need to "get away" from one another.

Okay, so enough dreaming. Remember when I alluded (far too long ago, by the way) that I had a secret? That I had been a busy little elf making something for my family girls? And enjoying myself immensely? Well, the secret is over.


I've been making aprons! And tea towels! And all kinds of crafty things!

Here are some pictures of the rest of the aprons and tea towels:

Tea towels for aunties.

Kitchen towel for the Knight's sister.

My sister's apron.


Hand towel for mom.

Mom's apron.


I have lined them for extra weight and durability!

Baby apron. Aww.

The Knight's sister's apron (the reverse of my sister's).

Tea towel for Granny.

Granny's apron.


The Knight's mom's apron.


Her tea towel.

Christmas apron for my judge's wife.



So, that's what I have been up to. Well, I took them to work to show my friends, and would you believe it...people wanted to pay me to sew aprons for them! So far, one dad had me make a baby one for his little girl, a grandmother ordered two that match (one for her daughter and one for her granddaughter) for Mother's Day, another friend of mine ordered a full-length one for herself, and yet another friend has tentatively ordered several for all of her administrative assistants! It has been so rewarding having something to do when I get home from work that is "non-law" and actually get paid for it.

Since then, I have set up a little store on Etsy called Curtsies. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5457786. Right now, I've been pretty occupied with sewing for my office orders, but as soon as I am done, I'll be putting some up on Curtsies. And...since I have been actually making $$$$, I have been purchasing some super cute fabric from jcarolinecreative.com to support my new apron habit! Grown-up aprons sell for $30 or $35 lined. Child aprons are $12 unlined or$18 lined.

Okay, so that is all for now...if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know!

Artsy Fartsy is sew hot right now.

4 comments:

ashleystravel said...

Those are such cute aprons! No wonder they are a big hit. I will have to keep an eye out at Etsy

Anastasia said...

I love them. You always have so many fun & creative ideas! Hope you're well!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks girls! So glad you like them.

Diabolina said...

very cute designs. just found you on technorati :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails