6.26.2007

Heaps of Happy.

So, I'm done being down in the dumps. It is not productive and really affects my studying energy.

Today, I called some employers that I had sent resumes to a few weeks ago. I didn't have much to say, but I just wanted to touch base with each of them and make sure they had all the materials from me that they needed. I had to leave voicemails for each one of the prospective employers, but I still feel that it was a personal success for me. I don't know why, but calling them out of the blue terrified me, and actually doing it was a nerve-wrecking rush. I just had to tell myself that the worst they would say is "Your resume is crap. You are crap. No call me no more." and hang up. After thinking about the whole scenario that way, I felt a little better, and started the calls. We'll see if they can tolerate my nasal Southern drawl enough to return my phone call!

Enough about this. I have a few pictures that I wanted to show you. Each one of them cheers me up in some way.

Betty trying to slip her boyfriend, Romeo, the tongue. Naughty girl, Betty!

Speaking of Betty and Romeo, every night Betty goes and stands by the door until I let her out. She promptly sprints to Romeo's apartment (also in our complex) and paws at the door until his mommy opens the door. The following is a little glimpse of their playtime.
Stinkin' funny, that's what it is.



Betty auditioning to be the Mary, the Mother of Jesus, in the Pawtivity. Actually, this picture really makes me laugh because lately Betty has been burying under her blanket in the crate and sleeping like a human - on her back and under the covers.

Learning how to twirl like a Betty Ballerina.

Lake Overholser, Oklahoma City, OK

My favorite place to run.

Pier at Lake Overholser

Where I like to cool off after the run.

Fluffy clouds while flying to Oklahoma City.

I don't know why, but this pillow makes me happy. Its like a party in a pillow!

Summer's last peony.


Artsy Fartsy is wondering if speech pathologists can have speech impediments.

2 comments:

ashleystravel said...

Glad to hear you are in better spirits. Good luck with the job search. That is one thing I am not looking forward to (that and the Bar). :)

Pargolo said...

I like the photos. On the job - hang in there and be persistent. It was hard for me too, and everything worked out perfectly in the end - maybe a little nervewracking, but it turned out fine. And it will for you as well. I responded to your tag, btw.

Related Posts with Thumbnails