1.17.2007

Sweeping, dusting, and mopping - a housekeeping post.

Helooo friends! I have so many things to tell you.

First of all, NYCWeboy asked me to participate in something a LONG time ago, and I did not discover it until last Friday - right before I stepped on a plane to Chicago. I know, HORRORS.
So, first of all, I am going to participate. Because there is nothing worse (besides terrorism, death, and perhaps wearing shoes two and 1/2 sizes too small) than ignoring someone's request for your input.

Artsy Fartsy's EXTREMELY BELATED Christmas MeMe.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. I like egg nog, but something about its thickness gets to me.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, my Santa wraps them, but when I visit the Knight's family at Christmas, Santa doesn't wrap there. I guess he just likes my family more. :)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white. Unless it is a family room tree and you have a fancy one somewhere else in the house. Otherwise, stick with white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but if you give me some, I'll definitely hang it. Perhaps in the shower.

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year, I put them up before Thanksgiving, and took them down around January 15th. But that was mainly due to the fact that I was away from my apartment during Christmas break for 3 weeks, and I really wanted to enjoy them. So, I did. In November and January.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Green bean casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: 3 years old - Playing in my new Erikaboo sized doll-house - it was actually a cardboard box (fridge size) painted to look like a little cottage, but I loved that big box dearly.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't even remember. I think I still kind of believe in him. As long as I do, I have a reason to set out cookies and pretend that he, rather than me, actually ate them.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, growing up, we always opened one on Christmas Eve. Now that I'm married, it is almost guaranteed that 1/2 of my Christmas gifts are opened on Christmas Eve. And let me tell you - getting married has its drawbacks, but getting twice as many gifts at Christmastime is pretty freaking awesome.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ribbon first, then balls - placed on in color groups to make sure that the color scheme is proper, and then our special ornaments. Each year, our collection grows. My personal favorites are the first ornament the Knight and I ever bought (a boy scoop and a girl scoop of ice cream in a little bowl) and all of the hallmark ornaments I have collected over the years.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?Adore it, but it is a tad inconvenient since TN people freak out when a snowflake even thinks about hitting the ground.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but I haven't in a long time. Sometimes, I can even spin. I should really do that more.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My new cowboy boots. They are just what I wanted and feel amazing.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin pie. I know it isn't a typical Christmas dessert, but I love it so much. I could eat it all year long.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the Christmas tree.

17. What tops your tree? A bronzey beaded star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I prefer giving - I enjoy the whole process; the shopping, the wrapping, and then seeing the person's face as they open my gifts. Of course, I'm not gonna lie - who doesn't love getting too?

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I'm the Happiest Christmas Tree and O Holy Night.

20. Candy canes: Yes, please. Especially those thick long straight ones. Those remind me of my childhoodl.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas. I watch it every year with my mom, and every time I leave wishing I too had a white fur muff and a red Mrs. Claus dress.

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, of course.

************************************************************************************

Second, I just spend the most fun girls weekend in Chicago. For pictures, go here.

I experienced Chicago style pizza, bitterly cold winds, and the unending supply of northern men appreciating Southern beauty. Seriously, we got hit on so much. Now, I'm not going to play dumb; I recognize that my friends and I are generally considered somewhat attractive, but we go out often in Nashville and Knoxville, and never get much attention. Plus, we were bundled up the entire time - a much different attire than we normally don in the South. Why the change? If you have a theory, lemme know.

Okay, finally, I am on the hunt. The Knight and I have fallen in love with his cousin's little Yorkie-Poo. Here is all 6 and 1/2 pounds of Ms. Maclean:


We want one. And are furiously searching for the perfect one - I want a black little girl. Named Betty Rascal. Although, since I have been having the best "Dallas" marathon weekend ever, Lucy Ewing is a pretty cute name too.

Okay, that is all for know.

Artsy Fartsy goes great with Cheetos and milk.

1 comment:

joey said...

Egg Nog spiked with rum, delicious!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails