10.31.2006

Sick in the bed, sick in the head.

Today I was feeling under the weather. I started off pretty sick, and then as the day progressed and I ingested more and more chicken noodle soup, I started feeling better. That is until I heard the NEWS.

I had a ton that needs to be done, but it was nice to just take a day off in the middle of the week and catch up on my sleep and TV/reading/internet. So, this is what I did today:

Woke up. Decided that I felt like crap, called the Knight and Daisy to tell them I wouldn't be going to class, and went back to bed.

Woke up again. Watched Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty on abc.com while doing some work for an upcoming trial. Yeah, I was very successful in watching the shows, not so successful in getting work done.

Next, I ate chicken noodle soup while reading "Eat to Live." If you have ever read this book, you know that what I was eating totally goes against everything the book stands for. I got some sort of sick pleasure doing exactly what the books advises against, but of course I know that in the end I'm really hurting myself by eating the cancer and heart-attack causing soup rather than subsisting off of fruits and veggies. So, I'm starting to "eat to live" tomorrow. But not today. Because I don't feel good.

Then, I learned that Reese and Ryan are splitting up. Whoa. News of this magnitude is almost enough for a perfectly well person to take the day off, but for me - who is already sick? Well, that was enough. After learning this, I crawled in bed for the rest of the day. I am still there. And I will only come out for Boston Legal.

And if you don't see me at school tomorrow? Blame Reese and Ryan.

1 comment:

joey said...

Can I come crawl in your bed too? I was deeply saddened to hear that Ryan and Reese are splitting up....they were like Hollywood's "happy little couple!" We can sob together!

Oh dear...now I'm all verklempt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails