8.08.2006

Yes, I know I'm in my own little world. It's okay, they know me here.

Let the nicknames begin! I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am going to have to get BRACES. Evidently, I have crooked teeth and an overbite and one side of my back teeth aren’t lined up properly. Yep. I am one hot little mess, I am.

I haven’t decided how I feel about pieces of metal invading my mouth. On one hand, it will be nice to have straight teeth again and not have so many jaw problems (yes, I have TMJ – no jokes please).

On the OTHER VERY BIG HAND, I am 25 years old. On my way to being an attorney. Braces are not exactly the most professional accessory. I can picture myself now…in the courtroom…walking up to the podium…smiling for the jury…and BLINDING THEM. Yep, you hire me for your case, voir dire will take quite a long time. Juror # 1 didn’t bring his sunglasses to court today? Sorry sir, you are excused. Next, please.

On the other, other hand (apparently, I am also an octopus now), I’ve heard that braces hurt a lot, which means that eating is painful, and since I do anything and everything to avoid pain, I won’t be eating as much. Do you know what that means, people? Do you? It means that I might lose weight! Something I always wish to do, but never seem to be able to accomplish.

So, jury blinding and TMJ and skinniness aside, I get the contraption installed on September 22nd. I guess until then, I have ample time to eat all the twizzlers, sugar-ey bubble gum, and peanut butter I can stomach.

Moving along… (doop de doop)

I haven’t had much to say lately. I guess I’m in a tee-niney little rut. But let me tell you my new favorite word. Shee-shee-poo-poo. As in “this little catalog is very shee-shee-poo-poo” and “she had her bridesmaids’ luncheon at Dharma Blue. It’s very shee-shee-poo-poo.” I was talking to the Knight's mom about some new bedding she might be putting in the guest bedroom, and she described it as very "shee-shee-poo-poo." Now, the Knight's mom is adorable. And sometimes she says the cutest things. Things like shee-shee-poo-poo. And SINCE I want to be cute, too, I have decided that shee-shee-poo-poo is going to be my new thing.

Yes, shee-shee-poo-poo is going to be my new favorite phrase. Out with the gobbledy-gook! Enough with the jibber-jabber! You - over there - with the yadda, yadda, yadda. Scat! Blahppity blah blah - be gone! Shee-shee-poo-poo is here to stay! Shee-shee-poo-poo is the phrase for the new school year!

Hip Hip Hooray for the Shee-Shee-Poo-Poo! (confetti and balloons burst from the sky). Gimme a SHEE! You GOT YOUR Shee, you GOT YOUR Shee! Gimme a POO! You GOT YOUR Poo, you GOT YOUR poo! What you have? SHEE-SHEE-POO-POO! Say it again: SHEE-SHEE-POO-POO! One more time! SHEE-SHEE-POO-POO!

Wow. Okay, so I really am struggling today. But I do have a surprise for you! You won't get it today, but soon, very soon...

Also, here is one of the oddest new stories I have ever read.

Until then -- Shee-shee-poo-poo!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Erika! You are too hilarious. I got on under the insistance from Shannon. I had to try my hardest not to laugh out loud because after all, I am at work. I was afraid if I yelled out loud, then I would get that dreaded question. The one where you have to give up the source of your joy. And what would I tell them? "I'm reading my friends blog and she is doing a shee-shee-poo-poo cheer!" I just don't think it would have the same ring. Anyway, good luck with the whole braces thing. I can relate as I had to start college with braces. I mean looking like I was 12 wasn't bad enough; they added braces to it! Thank goodness I didn't meet Travis until my junior year! French fries were the first things that I could eat. That and yogurt. Talk to ya soon!

Anastasia said...

Chichi
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/1999/06/12.html

What happened to the wish list post that made me hungry for hash browns?

Get the invisible plastic retainer-like braces that you can take off when you eat - that's what my sister is doing right now...much nicer! Of course, I think they file down your teeth to make them all the same shape and size which is a little weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails